The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 102 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#161551 - 10/02/08 02:48 PM Favorite vacation spots?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
jabber mentioned this in the post about DD's cruise so I thought I'd start another post about the topic.

My favorite places to vacation definitely include a body of water, and some sand and sun. The majority of our vacations have been to beaches, islands, resorts, the coast - anywhere I can plop myslef on a chair with a view of water in front of me works.

How about you?

#161555 - 10/02/08 02:58 PM Re: Favorite vacation spots? [Re: Dotsie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Dotsie, I'll join you! That's my favorite as well.

K

#161564 - 10/02/08 03:28 PM Re: Favorite vacation spots? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Dotsie..it´s my favorite as well..

But looking out at the beautiful aumumn leaves..remember that song? It´s a real oldie. Anyhoo..Vermont in the autumn..about this time of year...is sooo beautiful with the crisp sunny days and all the gorgeous autumn leaves..all the colors...

And northern Sweden at Christmastime..when it´s covered with a white mantle of snow..and everything is glittering white..and the snow crunches under your feet as you go out for your evening walk..I am not a winter lover.but this is really beautiful. And it stays clean because there´s not much traffic.

#161568 - 10/02/08 03:44 PM Re: Favorite vacation spots? [Re: humlan]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I need water too. I wonder why that is? And if I can't have a body of water near me, then I want to be able to see lots of sky. I love cloudy windy days. Watching cloud formations are like watching waves roll in.
Humlan, we have beautiful autumn colours now too. But like you...I like to just see the snow, but not feel the cold.
Our neighbors went on an around the world cruise. An elderly lady at their table actually lives on the boat. She bought a suite (talking BIG money here), and has been traveling non stop around the world for years.
cool

#161590 - 10/02/08 07:00 PM Re: Favorite vacation spots? [Re: Edelweiss2]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Not me...give me the mountains, nature in the woods, trees, cabins, bears, chipmunks, squirrels, nuts---no wait, I divorced him, but a good fire, a light snow on the ground...a good British mystery to read or to watch on the boob tube...some hot cocoa, and I'm happy...

#161596 - 10/02/08 07:18 PM Re: Favorite vacation spots? [Re: jawjaw]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
JJ, you'll have to come spend the winter with me - we've got all that in my mountains. The door is open!

#161768 - 10/04/08 07:54 PM Re: Favorite vacation spots? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I also love the snow, but can't stand the cold. I can certainly understand the elderly wintering in the south.

JJ, you mention TV on vacation. Honey, I don't want a TV when I'm away. Just plunk me in a condo on the beach with windows wide open, a cool breeze, and comfy beach chairs and I'm set. Oh, can't forget the good food and tropical drinks to go with it.

#161884 - 10/05/08 10:29 PM Re: Favorite vacation spots? [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dots you could come to Vegas, rent a car and drive 40 miles straight up Mt. Charleston, (nice scenic drive) check into the resort or just spend the day and go skiing in nothing but ski pants and a bulky sweater, sun shining brightly. Thats the only way to ski, having fun in complete comfort...Not cold at all.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#161890 - 10/05/08 10:36 PM Re: Favorite vacation spots? [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

chatty, great thought, but no longer ski. Two major knee surgeries and I'm done. No more skiing for this boomer broad.

It sounds lovely, and would me my way to ski at this stage of the game.

#163424 - 10/21/08 03:01 PM Re: Favorite vacation spots? [Re: Dotsie]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
My favorite vacation spot is right here at home in NJ. God just brought a gorgeous New England autumn right to my front doorstep. And no hotel can beat my pillowtop mattress or big screen TV. Once the double recliner sofa arrives in a couple weeks, hubby and I will be in spine/butt/leg heaven! lol

When we DO go away, we love Boston, the Berkshires, NYC, Washington DC, and Lancaster County PA where the Amish live. Such a peaceful place.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved