The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#146944 - 04/22/08 06:43 PM The Rain in Spain!
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Maybe some of you remember that my son presented Hubby and me a week’s vacation in Spain as a thank you for taking his daughter for a year.

Well…I just got to tell you about this trip

It poured 5 days out of the seven. The winds were so strong, that the palm trees seemed to sweep the streets. And we thought Spain was suffering under a drought! Hahahaha! Still, we were determined not to let that get to us. We did some sightseeing and walked against the winds along the beach. I sang Stormy Weather till Hubby couldn’t hear it anymore. He actually stuffed a sogging scarf in my mouth!

The English couple with whom we shared our dining room table, saved our vacation. Lola, if they are all that funny in England you must die laughing. I almost peed my pants a couple of times in the restaurant. I think we were the loudest in the dining room. How embarrassing. ( No, … not really, …we’ll never see anyone there again…. ( mostly boring Germans) Thank God.)

Finally on the day before the last, the sun shined bright and hot. We put on our bathing suits and headed for the beach. I took a double look at my Hubby. His body was covered with bright red spots. “Aren’t you too old to get the Measels?” I asked. Well…I wish ! Hubby was covered from top to bottom with FLEA bites! Yup…and that in a five star hotel….! A cleaning crew came in our room and disinfected it. But that made no difference to me. I couldn’t shut an eye that night, imagining those critters crawling everywhere ready to attack.

Finally the next day we flew home. The rings under my eyes were deeper than the pool outside of our hotel. We dumped our suitcase on the terrace, disinfected it and all it’s belongings…shed our clothes outside on our patio and raced inside for the shower. And guess what…we have no frickin’ fleas. Maybe it was a Spanish fly? hahaha I wish.

#146945 - 04/22/08 08:54 PM Re: The Rain in Spain! [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I said in the post I made for you about your hurrendous birthday party that "WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS." Well little did I know how right I was, sheesh!! Rain and fleas too! Sounds like they were good swimmers. You poor dear...But I was laughing at the thought of you and your hubby rushing into the house, naked, headed for the shower...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#146946 - 04/22/08 11:48 PM Re: The Rain in Spain! [Re: chatty lady]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Gosh, I would have been "ticked" off with the bug problem as well. The brighter side? It was not measles and you had at least a day of sunshine and lots of laughs.

Shall we tell Professor Higgins that the rain in Spain did not stay mainly in the plain?

#146947 - 04/23/08 12:10 AM Re: The Rain in Spain! [Re: Lola]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Maybe it wasn't fleas, but bed bugs. I remember a rash I came home with after a corporate stay in a Beverly Hills 5star. I freaked, thinking I had the measles, too. Turned out to be a case of bed bug bites... which was much more gross to me!
Hey, was the food good?

#146948 - 04/23/08 06:57 AM Re: The Rain in Spain! [Re: gims]
Edelweiss Offline

Maybe it was bed bugs, gims. So to play it on the safe side Hubby shaved his entire body. I mean everything. Hey he could be mistaken for one of those Chip's. Only the body oil is missing. ( And maybe the body as well…)
Someone told me NY Hotels have a huge problem with bed bugs. Once in the mattress they are hard to get out. This experience has made us toy with the idea of buying a trailer. At least we bring our own bed bugs with us.

#146949 - 04/23/08 01:35 PM Re: The Rain in Spain! [Re: Edelweiss]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Edelweiss,
Motor Homes are nice. You don't have to worry about the bed bugs. Of course, you can't drive them across the pond. Mexico, Canada and Sea to Shining Sea are all you'd see.
Remember: It takes sun and rain to make a rainbow.
Had fun reading your tale of woe, though. Still, I sympathize.
P.S.
Put a joke in laughs, that relates to your husband shaving his hair!!!

Edited by jabber (04/23/08 01:36 PM)

#146950 - 04/24/08 12:21 AM Re: The Rain in Spain! [Re: jabber]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
At a FIVE STAR hotel? Wow, I thought the Spainiards were very, very fussy about the hotel ratings. So sorry. Are you sure, with all that rain, he didn't have Edelwiess bites? Hmmmmmmm.......

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#146951 - 04/24/08 03:52 AM Re: The Rain in Spain! [Re: Anno]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Oh ED, I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you. How disgusting with the critters! Why him and not you? I have friends who are German, and yes, they love to go to Spain.

#146952 - 04/24/08 06:43 AM Re: The Rain in Spain! [Re: Princess Lenora]
Edelweiss Offline

We assume Hubby got it from his own woolen blanket. Or maybe it was his mattress. European hotels always have two mattress in double beds. For the first time, I'm glad about that!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved