The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 104 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#102633 - 01/10/07 06:46 PM Great Idea!!!!!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Check out this link.

http://www.homeexchange.com/show.php?id=12270&nav=Previous+Page

If you've seen The Holiday, you know about home exchange. My sister is exchanging their home in Provence for a home in Pebble Beach for six weeks in September.

Think about it, no charge other than your travel and food and you use their car and vice versa. I think this is such a great idea!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#102634 - 01/10/07 07:01 PM Re: Great Idea!!!!! [Re: Dianne]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I've seen this before and would love to do it, but my husband says no way. He's worried about theft and other complications. I don't know if I'm just too trusting, but it sure does sound good to me!

Let us know how your sister's exchange goes. We are in a mountain resort area, so I think we'd be able to do exchanges if I could just get my hubby on board.

Kathy

#102635 - 01/10/07 11:56 PM Re: Great Idea!!!!! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I couldn't do it either, Kathy. I'm with your husband on this. How do you know who you would have living in your home? I wouldn't like strangers in my house and I wouldn't like being in theirs. I could do it if it was someone's vacation home or if I had a vacation home, but not where I live. Although, your home sounds lovely. Let me know when you're a member:)

#102636 - 01/11/07 03:14 AM Re: Great Idea!!!!! [Re: Louisa]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
My home is not in a city with lots of interest for tourists, unfortunately. I am hoping, in a few years, that we will own a home in Mexico; maybe then this will work for us.

In the meantime, it's still cheap hotels for us.

#102637 - 01/11/07 07:11 PM Re: Great Idea!!!!! [Re: Anno]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I think the key is to look at their house. Normally, someone who has a nice home is not going to be a thief. At least, I hope not.

Anno, I put in Minnesota and a few came up that wanted to visit this area. You never know, huh?

My husband said, how do you know it's actually their house? Gads, I don't know, I just told him what my sis is doing. Does it look like I have crystal balls?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#102638 - 01/11/07 09:08 PM Re: Great Idea!!!!! [Re: Dianne]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
No Dianne, you have the crystal, and he has the....lol.

I think I would feel uneasy swapping houses with someone I don't know. Besides, does that mean I have to clean out my junk drawers? Oh my, that's as bad as moving!

#102639 - 01/11/07 09:32 PM Re: Great Idea!!!!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
I loved the movie, the Holiday. This is a great resource for me as my husband and I want to go to Paris this December and our house is located near the Monterey Bay in California. We've rented it before, so have a system to put most of our valuables under lock and key. I think references are important, as well.

#102640 - 01/11/07 10:49 PM Re: Great Idea!!!!! [Re: Casey]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
It's the beds and bedding I'd be thinking about.
This wouldn't be for me, but then I'm not that adventurous anyway.

#102641 - 01/11/07 10:56 PM Re: Great Idea!!!!! [Re: TVC15]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I couldn't do it either. If it's a vacation home, that's different. But the home that stores all our pictures, junk drawers and messy closets. No way. It's all too personal.

Hannelore, when I read Dianne's words, I knew they wouldnt' go unnoticed. I laughed.

I really want to see The Holiday. Maybe this weekend. There's lots of football on. I can always ditch the football for a chick flick!

#102642 - 01/12/07 03:11 AM Re: Great Idea!!!!!
KC Christensen-Lang Offline

Loc: Beautiful New Hampshire
Hello All: Thanks for the brainstorm about Home Exchange. I have heard great things from most people and in the articles I read and was considering trying it too. What I have learned is that the folks who do this are just as worried about their home as you are about yours and are conscientious too. They exchange emails, references and photos ahead of time so they get to know each other. Some let the visitors use their cars and sports equipement, take care of their pets, etc. They leave maps and tourist material for the visitor to enjoy. People who are hesitant often have their family, friends or neighbors pop over to check on the visitor to make sure they aren't destroying the house. Some people exchange year after year with the same people and become friends. It DOES sound intriguing!

Another place to check out is www.craiglist.org (and then click on whatever state/country you are interested in)..they have a vacation swap section...altho I doubt there are references/credentials for those folks like there probably is on the home exchange site? Hmmmmm....sounds intriguing. I'm sure we'd all love to hear from folks who have have great experiences!

Thanks and happy travels,
KC
www.CoachingForTopLeaders.com
Free Positive Living newsletters!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved