The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 149 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#58467 - 03/22/06 10:02 PM Back from our road trip
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
We got home last night after a wonderful trip. We spent a couple of fabulous days with our kids in NY, then on to Norfolk, VA, to Chuck's sister's wedding on Saturday. The wedding was lovely, and we managed to a have a good visit with both my s-i-l and her new husband as well as with all 3 of our neices, whom we hadn't seen in much too long.

On our way back we stopped in MD to visit with friends we hadn't seen in 20 years. Barbara was Matron of Honor at my wedding, and we talk occassionally but somehow haven't managed to get together before this. We're alredy making plans to see each other when they come up this way next fall.

I'm exhausted and up to my ears in laundry! But it was worth it. We also got to meet our son's new girlfriends and see a Broadway show.

I'll share more when I get out from under unpacking.

#58468 - 03/22/06 10:17 PM Re: Back from our road trip
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Welcome "home", Jackie! Glad you had a good trip,
and that you and Chuck made it back safely.

#58469 - 03/22/06 10:35 PM Re: Back from our road trip
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Welcome home Jackie. The trip sounded fulfilling.
Thats 2 posts this week on dirty laundry. Is it just me??...I find a laundromat/washer dryer and come home with clean clothes.
I'm not right...am I? [Confused]
chick

#58470 - 03/23/06 02:28 AM Re: Back from our road trip
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Chickadee I'm afraid you are right. I hate, hate, hate to bring home dirty clothes from a trip and always found a nice laundromat and washed and neatly folded everything before coming home. Some do and some don't its a matter of taste like everything else, oh and the availability of a laundromat helps too....

#58471 - 03/23/06 02:54 AM Re: Back from our road trip
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Welcome back Jackie...which Broadway show did you see? Sounds like an exciting time you had... [Smile]

#58472 - 03/23/06 09:49 PM Re: Back from our road trip
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
We saw "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee." It's absolutely adorable, and I recommend it to anyone who ever was involved in a school spelling bee -- which is probably most of us.

On some trips I have done laundry enroute. I did that last summer on our Seattle vacation. This time, we had so much planned, I decided not to factor in laundry time. Since we were travelling in the car, we could take as much as we wanted. The day after we got home, Chuck washed the clothes and I folded them and put them away. This morning the house is back to normal, and you'd never guess we'd been away for a week. Works for me!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved