The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#58459 - 03/21/06 04:24 AM travel
downdog Offline

Loc: kansas
I'm new (how long before I can stop saying that?!) Going to Vancouver with my 18 year old daughter Fri thur Mon, her chosen trip with me before she graduates. I HATE to fly, don't want to spoil the trip. I would like to enjoy it. I see many of you are prayers, could use a little peace and trust myself when I fly. Just want to have a good bonding time with my daughter.
Thanks.

#58460 - 03/21/06 04:33 AM Re: travel
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Good luck on your trip and I think it's wonderful you are using this precious time with your daughter to BE THERE. I am not the one to offer up advice on flying because I love it. I would fly over to the grocery store in the afternoon if I could. I love flying. Period.

One thing you could do (bet you're way ahead of me on this) is to journal on the trip right after take off. Just start writing about how you are feeling, even the angst. Time will fly by...then again, you could always get snockered...ewwww! A good book would be another good idea. JJ

#58461 - 03/21/06 05:03 AM Re: travel
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Queen,

LOVE your sense of humor!!!! Get snockered - too funny. At least I think so, fear for Downdog's response......Oh well , here's what I say - get snockered, love the flight, just get numb to the fear, and enjoy!!!! I would fly to the grocery store too tho......love that feeling! 'member, I'm the one that loves to get high in the mountains, just to look down!!! Yahooooooo, height is the best!!!(gives a really good look at what's important!)

Search

#58462 - 03/21/06 05:11 AM Re: travel
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I'll add my prayers for you to enjoy the flight downdog. I don't mind the actual flying, its the airports I hate, now if only the plane could taxi to my front door I'd be in heaven...ho hum!!

#58463 - 03/21/06 06:57 PM Re: travel
downdog Offline

Loc: kansas
Thanks guys! You realize they don't serve the booze until you're in the air - I want it BEFORE takeoff! I was on a flight once from Dallas to Wichita, short, it was a Sunday and I thought I'd try to "wing it" (skip the bourbon and coke) anyway it got REALLY turbulant and I'm like forget the heroics just serve the liquor! Than the pilot comes on the intercom and says due to the turbulance the flight attendant will not be serving drinks! Boy does God have a since of humor! I did make it! Anyway it's always good to hear someone likes to fly, gives me comfort.

#58464 - 03/21/06 07:14 PM Re: travel
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I'm one of those nuts who likes the entire experience, even though the sign outside the window of the airline says "Terminal."

I get all kinds of fodder from watching people in airports, ticket counters who have Mr. Personality working, and from conversations overheard. I don't even mind going thru the lines and x-rays. I know, I'm sick.

I think the chance of a new adventure is enough to excite me.

I don't have the moola to adventure enough, so when I do get to travel, I soak up every minute!

JJ

#58465 - 03/21/06 11:39 PM Re: travel
chickadee Offline

Same here JJ. I am a people watcher and I talk to people at airports all the time. What do I tell them?...Stuff. Funny how people confide in strangers, isn't it. I love to fly. Liked it better when they fed you. I felt special. My sister and I had some wine on the flight back to Toronto after my Dad passed away. The wine and the altitude must have gotten to us because he were laughing up a storm. I remember laughing even harder when I said to her..."Can you imagine if some one asks us why we are even on this flight?" Really it was the release of pressure from the funeral and all, I think...and of course the vino.
My daughter and grandaughter are terrified of flying and gd just won't.
Down dog, you have a great flight. Bring your own vino just in case?
chick

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved