The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#58092 - 07/23/05 07:06 AM husbands&travel
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Hi, all,
just got back from the Finger Lakes in NY and had a great time!!! We visited my best friend since the 3rd grade and ate too much and talked and talked.
Ah but the husband!!! He is great when we're going somewhere altho a little obsessive about let's get packed and GO!!!
Yesterday at 3am he tells me he can't sleep so let's go home-OK why toss and turn- so we pack, load the car- no doubt waking up the entire cabin row in our rustic lodge and get on the road.
There was a beautiful full moon and no traffic but I could have slept another mega hours
Anyone have a travel buddy like mine?

#58093 - 07/23/05 12:49 AM Re: husbands&travel
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My husband drives me into the ground. No stopping or sleeping in late and he's always changing plans at the last minute. Sometimes I go along with it but other times I just dig down and say no. I get exhausted trying to keep up with him.

#58094 - 08/15/05 08:31 AM Re: husbands&travel
LEANNA Offline

Leave them home!!! I'm happily married for 36 years and at 50 decided I really wanted to see the world. He kept saying yea yea we will....so I just booked me a trip and told him...."when you're ready I'll go back anywhere you want...meanwhile I's goin!" That was 12 years ago, he has yet to pack a suitcase and I am seeing the world bit by bit.

I work part time and save all my money for my passion...and I always come home!!! [Smile]

#58095 - 08/15/05 10:02 PM Re: husbands&travel
Pattyann Offline

Well...
Leaving my compulsive husband home once in awhile is ok but no matter his faults there is no one else I'd rather be driven nuts by! Guess I needed to vent [Wink]

#58096 - 08/16/05 08:10 PM Re: husbands&travel
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Pattyann, it's great hearing women speak about loving their husbands. Seems rare these days. I'm glad to hear you're still in love.

Leanna, it's amazing how we begin to see things at midlife. Our husbands really don't ahve to be with us in everything we do...and we can still love them to death. Mind telling us about your travels. Do you gp alone, with grilfriends, tours? Fill us in...

#58097 - 08/17/05 11:57 PM Re: husbands&travel
Pattyann Offline

Ah, Dotsie- yea still in love, crazy about the man who makes me coffee , turned me into a {YUCK} morning person made me see that fairy tales do come true even if prince charming thinks I should pack a whole lot less and make reservations years ahead of our vacations- so it's three weeks til our next trip what kind of adventure will this bring!!!

#58098 - 08/18/05 06:28 AM Re: husbands&travel
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I love traveling with my husband. I usually book everything and plan the trips and pack, but he does the driving if we go by car. I pack too much though. Always. He brings a lot of clothes too. I am trying to downsize on that, but it's hard. He doesn't give me a hard time about stops to the ladies room and he doesn't mind my taking pictures of everything. He's a good travel mate.
Louisa

#58099 - 08/18/05 10:01 AM Re: husbands&travel
Dahti Blanchard Offline

Loc: Washington state
My husband and I have always had a good time traveling together. We came from the east coast to the west in 1973 on a motorcycle. The bike broke down in Washington state and while we were waiting for work to be done on it we both got offered jobs. We've been here ever since.
Last October I had a little book tour and we used it as an opportunity to take our first kidless vacation together in 25 years. We took a sleeper car on the train to Minneapolis and then rented a car to go to my book engagements in Minnesota, Wisconsin and upstate NY. It was lovely to find out we still loved traveling alone together.
Pattyann--where are you going on your next trip?

Dream of the Circle of Women
by Dahti Blanchard
published May 2004 by Spilled Candy Books
visit: www.dahtiblanchard.com

#58100 - 08/20/05 01:39 AM Re: husbands&travel
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I'm a newly wed so I can't really say about the travelling bit yet...we'll find out Thanksgiving. My son and daughter-in-law have invited us to their place in Wichita and we're driving...I hate to fly anymore...did too much while I was overseas. My husband (and yes we're madly in love) have been married since the 5th of March...we're true soul-mates and it's spooky...I'll be thinking of something and he'll start talking about it...or vice versa...it's like we're both on the same wave length so much of the time. He's a train engineer and travels all the time...unfortunately it's to and from the same place and so it's boring for him...he's not been out of the area much so this is going to be fun. We do have a cruise planned next year for our belated honeymoon...we're going to the Carribean with our best friends...my sweetheart is the most patient man on earth and has the kindest and most gentle side to him...I've never seen him truly angry and we've yet to have any arguments...he tells me that he knows his role...as long as he agrees with me, he's happy...LOL...(he's joking of course...well, not really...LOL).

#58101 - 08/20/05 11:13 PM Re: husbands&travel
Pattyann Offline

Well, Dee- congratulations on your recent marriage- sounds like you have him trained already!!
Just remember you can be madly in love and there will be moments you drive each other nuts!!
Dahti- we are going to Ocean City MD the week after Labor day- we go every year- our goodbye to summer and we just relax- eat too much sleep alot, walk the beach. In fact it was our first vacation there after we moved in together that I was finally sure we would make it and that contrary to my vow never to marry again that I would be very content to be this magical man's wife!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved