The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#57988 - 05/24/05 05:54 PM Favorite Vacation Spots - Italy, Rome
gabi Offline

Loc: Kansas
My husband and I have just returned from a well deserved holiday in Rome, Italy. We ended up going there after one of our friends told us about this great and very inexpensive place to stay in Italy which is very comfortable and the owners are great people. It was one of our most relaxing holidays - as we were a bit worried about going to Rome after reading many online sites and hearing about other people's stories. I highly recommend this spot and would go back again if the opportunity was available to do so. Check out this cute little web site I've put together as a tribute to our special Rome getaway: http://www.placetostayinrome.com/

[ May 24, 2005, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: gabi ]

#57989 - 05/24/05 06:33 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spots - Italy, Rome
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Gabi,

Welcome home!

Isn't Italy wonderful? My husband and I were stationed in Naples for 3 years....we loved living in Europe.

Did you travel outside of Rome?

Danita

#57990 - 05/24/05 08:25 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spots - Italy, Rome
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Gabi that page you put together with all the info on where you stayed is GREAT! My husband and I began our honeymoon in 1990 in Rome....stayed in a little quiet hotel off the beaten trail in the middle of the "real Rome" and loved every minute of it. We would walk to all the big sites, but at the end of the day we'd be staying in our cozy hotel and eating at one of the nearby small restaurants.

I'd love to go back one day and I'm sure we will. Also loved Venice - I could live there (if I was very rich!!)in a heartbeat. What a FABULOUS city.

Thanks for sharing that information about where you stayed. I've saved that person's email address for possible future need!!!!

Danita - I'd love to see Naples. I hear it's wonderful too.

#57991 - 05/24/05 11:20 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spots - Italy, Rome
Danita Offline

Naples is, ummmm, interesting. There are many interesting facets to the city! The beautiful sites are surrounded by chaos, dirt, and homeless animals. It was actually a rough place to live.

We loved that it was a location central in Europe.

The Amalfi (sp?) coast and Sorrento (where they make inlaid wood) are beautiful locations very close to Napoli. We often ventured there! Pompeii is also close by - what an AMAZING place that was - Overflowing with history!

D.

#57992 - 05/25/05 12:32 AM Re: Favorite Vacation Spots - Italy, Rome
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Rome and Venice have always been one of my dream places to visit. I would like to see all the historical places close up, instead of always in pictures.

I'm a sucker for any place with history. You should have seen me dragging my husband from place to place when we went to Philadelphia. Talk about historical monuments.

#57993 - 05/25/05 02:35 AM Re: Favorite Vacation Spots - Italy, Rome
Danita Offline

Vicki,

You would just die in Europe. It is like being on another planet - and the history is sooo rich.

I couldn't even tell you what my favorite European city/country would be...though Venice would be right there at the TOP of my list!

LET'S TAKE A BOOMER TRIP TO EUROPE. WOOO HOOOOO! LOOK OUT WORLD, HERE WE COME!!!!

DANITA

#57994 - 05/25/05 03:58 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spots - Italy, Rome
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
TUSCANY thats a place I have always wanted to visit. We have relatives there and my Aunt, her daughter and son just came back after visiting for a month and couldn't rave enough about the scenery and the warmth of the people.... [Cool]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved