The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#57823 - 12/30/04 02:32 AM New Year's in the Mountains
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
We're headed up north to NH for a couple of days. We'll be spending New Year's Eve at a lovely inn nestled in the heart of the White Mountains of Glen, called the Bernerhof Inn. I have it on my website. It's a beautiful old Victorian with only 9 rooms, and huge spa tubs in some of the rooms. (You can bet I'm going to be in one of those babies.) We don't ski or do anything wintery or cold. But I love the outlets up there and love to shop. There are so many great restaurants. So......we'll shop and eat. We're planning on a different route this time so we can stop at the Mount Washington Hotel for lunch. I hope the mountains inspire me and put me in the mood to write a little. Maybe I'll write some poetry. Haven't written a poem in a while. I hope the muses stow away in my suitcase [Smile] Happy New Year to all!! [Cool]
Louisa

#57824 - 12/30/04 02:51 AM Re: New Year's in the Mountains
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
This sounds like a wonderful vacation! Be sure to stow pens and paper in with your muses. [Wink] I always find a change of scenery to be inspiring.

#57825 - 12/30/04 04:04 AM Re: New Year's in the Mountains
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This sounds not only romantic but inspiring as well. I bet a wonderful wintery peom will come into your mind. Have a Happy New Year. [Big Grin]

#57826 - 01/01/05 05:38 PM Re: New Year's in the Mountains
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Louisa, this sounds right up my alley. I could see my husband and I doing this when the kids are all out of the house. I'm not wishing my life away, but I sure look forward to those days! Hope you had a blast. Can't wait to hear about it.

#57827 - 01/01/05 10:22 PM Re: New Year's in the Mountains
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
We're back. Wonderful little getaway! [Wink] Since we are celebrating our 5th anniversary next weekend, the owners had a bottle of champagne on ice in our room when we arrived. (of course, then I needed a nap.) [Big Grin] There wasn't much snow up there, but there was enough for the ski people. We don't ski, we just shop and eat. [Smile]

We took the long route this time and stopped at the newly renovated Mount Washington Hotel for lunch and hanging around. It is so beautiful. [Smile] I got some great pictures of that place. I also took some of our room at the Bernerhof and some last night in the center of North Conway all lit up. (North Conway, not me) Come to think of it, I was a little lit up too. After an afternoon of shopping and a stop at Horsefeathers and one rather large glass of champagne, I was happy. I went in the Spruce Hurricane and bought a pair of black fur mittens. Nice and warm. [Smile]

The spa tub was so wonderful! We were in one of our favorite rooms at the Inn. Yesterday was freezing rain/sleet when we went out shopping, but it didn't stop us. We had a lovely dinner and had the best table last night. Then we sat in the Black Bear Pub for a while before we went upstairs. It was a very relaxing couple of days.

Dotsie, when you and your husband are ready for what to do to celebrate empty nesting, let me know. I have a whole list of B&B's. [Wink]
Louisa

#57828 - 01/03/05 01:43 AM Re: New Year's in the Mountains
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Louisa, what a great way to celebrate an anniversary.

I'll remember your offer. Our two youngest are Juniors in high school. If they both go away to school our empty nest will be here before we know it. Time flies when you're having fun!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved