The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 158 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#57771 - 10/27/04 04:13 AM Vacation time
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I'll be away for a while. I'll miss the forums. We're leaving for Disney on Saturday. Maybe I'll write something on the plane. Looking forward to getting away.
Louisa

#57772 - 10/28/04 06:26 PM Re: Vacation time
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Louisa, glad the hurricanes are gone. Have fun!

When Disney was closed all I could think of was that Vacation movie with Wally World. The family finally arrived and Wally World was closed. Chevy Chase went bonkers. [Big Grin] Anyone see that?

#57773 - 10/29/04 07:22 AM Re: Vacation time
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
are you kidding me? that's a classic! I love that movie. National Lampoon's Vacation

Louisa--have a great time! I too will be gone next week on a mini vacation thanks to QueenME and her contest! I won the airline ticket! Yahooo! We are going to Providence, RI, Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard. Probably in a blur since it's only three 1/2 days! hahah...

You have a great time!

JJ

#57774 - 10/28/04 10:42 PM Re: Vacation time
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Jawjaw
congratulations on the win. What a great prize. You enjoy yourself and tell us all about it when you get back!
Louisa,
Disney is my favorite place in the whole world...Enjoy!

[ October 28, 2004, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: TVC15 ]

#57775 - 10/28/04 11:02 PM Re: Vacation time
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Yeah JJ.
Disney land is the prefect place for you. Just don't let all the princesses and snow white and mickey, etc. get too much attention.
Remember you are the QUEEN!!

smile

#57776 - 11/08/04 02:54 AM Re: Vacation time
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I'm back. What a wonderful week we had [Cool] The weather was great - high 80's, not too humid, and not a drop of rain. I just love Disneyworld. I felt terrible on the drive from the airport seeing all the trees down and the blue tarps on the damaged rooftops along the way.

My stepson and his wife went down with us. My mother was supposed to go on this trip and my daughter was originally going to keep her company. My mom got sick and couldn't go. My son-in-law couldn't go either. My daughter had one friend who could get away from work and her kids so it all worked out. I spent a few hours at the Magic Kingdom with them and we were like three little kids. I went on the Peter Pan ride. [Smile]

So, now I'm back and checking to see what's going on in the forums. I missed all of you.

Good to be back.
Louisa

#57777 - 11/09/04 03:37 AM Re: Vacation time
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
I am seriously considering taking a rafting trip down the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon. I don't think it is a long trip.

I am not doing this for the rapids. I jsut want to be in that space, at the bottom of that canyon.

John is not fit to go and nathan is too small so I will be going alone and that is ok with me. I think I am also finding something about me at the bottom of that canyon. I need to do these things, even if alone now while I still can. I can't stop doing physical stuff because John can't.

Has anyone done this trip? I am just begining to explore the details and would love to hear about expereinces.

I do know it is the wildest rapids in North America. Well that is not why I am going but an adventure is always good for the soul too.

Lynn

#57778 - 11/09/04 04:22 AM Re: Vacation time
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Lynn, I think that is a totally idiotic and absolutely MARVELOUS thing to do. I say go for it. Every day should be filled with adventure and that will be a great one.

I can't wait to hear all about it. I'm curious about how you're going to get down to the bottom of the canyon. I've never been at all interested in riding one of those little donkeys down. That looks terribly scary to me. Is there a train or something? I forget.

Oh well, it will be terrific. You will have to tell us all about it.
smile

#57779 - 11/09/04 05:16 AM Re: Vacation time
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The only way down into the canyon, unless is changed since a couple years ago in by horse/donkey/mule. It is a scary and yet breathtaking trip. You would never be alone in fact there are only three boats/floats that make the trips and they must be full. I believe from memory its eight people. Theres always a group going so you'd just blend right in. I can't swim and was scared to death at first of the water but things happen so fast and your holding on so tightly while screaming your heads off and laughing you don't notice. Once you hit the still water and just float leisurely along its so quiet and serene you can feel God is there and very near too. Do it, you'll never regret it, I haven't. There is a wonderful hotel there if you want to spend a while. What a place to meditate looking out over that vast canyon expanse. I still get goose pimples just thinking about it.... [Cool]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved