The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 221 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#187049 - 07/23/09 08:42 PM back from mayo
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
well as you know we meet anno in Dubline and i will route around and see whats she written before bleathering, but i hud a great time.

then two days or so later we went off to womens camp in county mayo. Think i talked about it before but its irish womens camp and those that arn't irish but wanna be thir anyway. Few 100 women will get thir over 14 days but always a big core ghroup of women for all 14 days. L was made for that life shame it can only be in a holiday for a short time.

dinner and tea cokked for kids just tea for us but can eat what we like when we like, no swearing , no racisum, no disrespecting and if thirs an issue its a camp desision....real eqality heer and kids are as much respected as adults. seeeeeeee it can be done!

whish it was for all year access but it started in part for irish women to get out of belfast over troubles of the 12th.

anyway a selection of songs for a memorie (scotish) i am afraid and last about ireland being for women and being a one irelnad.

hope it brings good memories for anno too.

talk ya all later. xxx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlEFJTom_go&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj5Vsm-Be4g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTYp2WoTzvM&feature=related

Alba gu bràth Erin Go Bragh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY3GftSK93U&feature=related hmmmmmmmm

#187068 - 07/24/09 09:27 AM Re: back from mayo [Re: celtic_flame]
Mountain Ash Offline

Celtic
so you like Eddi Reader ...me too.

Ae Fond Kiss got to be one of my favourites.As its HOMECOMING this year we have many venues here to hear our traditional music and song.
Homecoming is a special celebration and many exiles are returning to Scotland.

Phil Cunningham the pianist on the link is a talented musician.I catch his concert when I can He is nearby on Wednesday at a festival with Aly Bain who features on one of your youtube .

Feel sure you will have been filled full of the support you need at the camp.

You may have to Google to watch this

[url=ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIKWHuxljFE]ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIKWHuxljFE[/url]

#187069 - 07/24/09 09:30 AM Re: back from mayo [Re: celtic_flame]
Mountain Ash Offline

Celtic
so you like Eddi Reader ...me too.

Ae Fond Kiss got to be one of my favourites.As its HOMECOMING this year we have many venues here to hear our traditional music and song.
Homecoming is a special celebration and many exiles are returning to Scotland.

Phil Cunningham the pianist on the link is a talented musician.I catch his concert when I can He is nearby on Wednesday at a festival with Aly Bain who features on one of your youtube .

Feel sure you will have been filled full of the support you need at the camp.

You may have to Google to watch this

[url=ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIKWHuxljFE]ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIKWHuxljFE[/url]

#187070 - 07/24/09 09:32 AM Re: back from mayo [Re: Mountain Ash]
Mountain Ash Offline

Something odd Celtic...cant ammend
anyway
its youtube.
Ae fond kiss..Eddi Reader

#187076 - 07/24/09 01:12 PM Re: back from mayo [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm listening to her now. Very fun and comforting.

Celtic, I recall that you or Poppie went to a camp in the past and wanted to work there. Is this the one?

#188943 - 08/26/09 09:29 PM Re: back from mayo [Re: Dotsie]
celtic_flame Offline

no that was corrymela dotsie thats a christion community in the north east of ireland. You did rember right thats were we used to volunteer over 12 of julie when marching gose mad in Belfast or it used too its just closes the reads now but little rioting

souther irish womens camp is a traveling campsight for 14 days, thrs been a camp in nearlie ever free state in ireland but obviouslie becouse of troubles in northern ireland (uk) its not come heer as our tugs have big guns and many a southern would't be safe as they are lesbiane but also catholic. sad eh but one day

#188944 - 08/26/09 09:30 PM Re: back from mayo [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

MA yep eddie an awesome lassie eh!

i know that song by her and my other favie lassie karen matheson (mind you ointed out her and my L birthday was same day lol) as much as i love karen its eddies version of aye fond kidd that has me crying by time she sings "the stare of hope she leaves him"

Lucien can almost with promting say my love is like a red red rose"......he's well impressed with "till all the seas gang dry", thats how much i love him ...lol, bless.

i lived in kilmarnock and visited allowa and burns cottage often and am especiallie fond of tam o'shanters bridge or the bridge they though he wrote the poem about.

as for eddie singing willie stewart ise't the one of the happiest songs ever, 9i smile whenever i heare it.

its a java script MA for whatever reason its happening with me too, but
aye found kiss eddie reader or karen matheson (eddie wins this time lol)

tell me more about homecoming MA? is that the festival thats held in Ayrshire?

#188946 - 08/26/09 10:20 PM Re: back from mayo [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

oh that tlast u tube link was not the one i ment it was a women of ireland clip i tried to show you i sure most heer don't have to find out how 4 provinses got devided and one turned to ulster as in the new northern ireland, anyway i can't find the women of ireland clip i had to hand then.

never mind.

#188955 - 08/27/09 02:28 AM Re: back from mayo [Re: celtic_flame]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Ah Celtic...you're an angel. I watched the utube attachments in your emails and found myself going from one to another to another...I love that music...thanks for sharing and for being such a sweetie. I hope everything is okay and you're happy.

#188966 - 08/27/09 08:38 AM Re: back from mayo [Re: Dee]
Mountain Ash Offline

Homecoming..A year long celebration.
Big parade in Edinburgh at the start of the Festival..But due to the credit crunch not as many exiles have returns as anticipated.But local press have covered many families who have come to research their roots.

Homecoming Scotland 2009 is an events programme celebrating Scotland's great contributions to the world. In 2009 join us to celebrate the 250th anniversary of Robert Burns’ birth, Scottish contributions to golf & whisky, plus our great minds and innovations and rich culture and heritage.

www.homecomingscotland.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved