The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#139110 - 01/21/08 07:12 PM Las Vegas?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I don't want to cover Annos exciting London news, so don't forget to check out "active topics" so you can see that thread as well. I am thinking about LV in April. I am wondering if 1) we will have roomates 2) we have decided where 3) if anyone is interested in attending The Cirque De Soliel "LOVE" show of the Beatles music? It is one of my dreams to see that show. I think LJ is another one who had a crush on Paul McCartney? And, please could someone send me the dates? I learned from experience in trying to arrange a get together in CO with other CO boomers that it is best not to post all the details on the forums. There was an intruder who scared me into canceling our get together. don't worry the intruder is long gone, but I never did get to meet my CO sisters. Anyway, at first I thought it was impossible for me to put this on my agenda due to finances, but if I shift my thinking tot the possible, then maybe it can happen! Please let me in on the plans, OK? L, PL who will be wearing a tiera so you'll know the princess!

#139111 - 01/22/08 06:57 AM Re: Las Vegas? [Re: Princess Lenora]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Is there a travel agent among us?
Will there be a group deal?
Will someone reserve a block at a discounted price?
We've been to Vegas only three times (business), and only liked one place we stayed in.
Not that I think I can go. My DH would probably have a coronary if I even suggest it.

#139112 - 01/22/08 12:38 PM Re: Las Vegas? [Re: gims]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
gimster, my husband would also keel over. But I guess I couldn't blame him. Finances won't allow such extravagance this time around. And I'm green with envy (I know, I know...envy ain't so good!) But I'll work toward another time!!

#139113 - 01/22/08 01:31 PM Re: Las Vegas? [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ladies, we're working on it. Soon...details soon.

#139114 - 01/22/08 07:32 PM Re: Las Vegas? [Re: jawjaw]
QBall101 Offline

I curious?? Too, about who can and can't make the trip. Not that anyone certain person would sway my going one way or the other. I'd LOVE to see everyone! Financial resaoning would be my drawback too. AND, like PL. LJ & Grimster my huband too would have some sort of negitaive reaction to my going, not that I would totally let him have final say in it, cause I too am aware of finances. Our son's wedding is in MAy so we'll have plenty of expenses to meet around this time. I'm also wondering IF anyone is in the middle of the country that could do a day trip or even a weekend trip to Branson, MO? IE: Sort of as a consolation to missing Vegas if we don't/can't make it that far. Any thoughts? I'm still looking foward to hearing the details of Vegas and if nothing else at least seeing If it's a possibility?

Edited by QBall101 (01/22/08 07:35 PM)

#139115 - 01/23/08 03:59 AM Re: Las Vegas? [Re: QBall101]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
QB, I sometimes go to MO. Are you saying that's where you're at, or that you'd rather go there than LV? Gims, why would your H have a coronary if you even suggested it? I was sitting next to a colleague at a seminar today. He said he was exhausted from working and taking care of the kids. His wife was on her annual cruise with her girlfriends, all 6 of them! I would not ask my H permission to go. If I had the money I would just go. Gims, funny, "will someone reserve a BLOCK!" I dreamt about Paul McCartney last night. We were having coffee together. we were "playing" just little games with the teaspoons, like "patty-cake" only with the spoons. I will not tell my H. H has put up with my crush on Sir Paul since we met in 1984. Not that I met Paul in 1984, I mean I met my H in 1984. Listen, H came home early from work the day Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead died. I had to put up with the Dead stickers on our car. What does this have to do with LV? Oh, yeah, the Beatles LOVE at the Mirage. She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah.....

Edited by Princess Lenora (01/23/08 04:01 AM)

#139116 - 01/23/08 05:14 AM Re: Las Vegas? [Re: Princess Lenora]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I will tell my husband at least 3 minutes before I leave for Las Vegas, although he might get a clue when he sees me packing. Maybe I should just pack while he's watching some sports thingie on TV?

I'm going to Sacramento (North Cali) the week before, and may have to tell him about that one because I'll need a ride to the airport. However, I'm driving to Vegas and might just send him an email after I arrive.

I doubt he'll miss me either way.

Poet and essayist

#139117 - 01/23/08 05:31 AM Re: Las Vegas? [Re: meredithbead]
gims Offline

PL, hy husband has ahold of me like you wouldn't believe. I can't even drive at night, when it's dark, without him calling me to make sure I'm alright. When I was doing corporate work in Dallas, he took off and came to stay with me. Sheltered, that's what I am, sheltered. I use to enjoy it, until he started traveling with his latest job and I got use to being alone. At first, I was afraid to be alone. I'd call my oldest son-n-law and keep him on the phone until I settled down. Slowly but surely, I started appreciating the solitude. DH has made me go on a couple of trips with him, which was OK, but I sure hate staying in hotel rooms while he works, or attends company conventions. So, I make it clear I'm not going the majority of the time. But, then I have to answer the phone all constantly if I don't go... him checking on me, making sure I'm alive and ok. I've explained to him how FINE I am. I think he's afraid I won't miss him. Poor boy! I probably would miss him, if he'd let the leash out a little.
I think he has a slight inch, since my mom has fallen ill. He knows I'll either be here, with her or taking care of grandchilluns. And, I think that makes him worry less - except I have to drive in the dark often... and there we go again.

MB, I often fantacize about having that much gutiness. Heck, I feel guilty when he's on the phone (he works at home when not traveling) and I have to slip out to run an errand, but can't explain where I'm going, when I'll be back and ask if he needs anything... and there we go again... ring, ring

LJ, I think the above explains why my DH would grab his chest like ol' Sanford and claim, "this is the big one."

#139118 - 01/23/08 05:51 AM Re: Las Vegas? [Re: gims]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Gimster, I've always been highly independent. Back in my dating days, if a guy so much as seemed to be getting on the possessive side, I was gone so fast you could hear the wind rushing behind me. From Day 1, El Hub always knew that if he tried to overtly control me, he could kiss the back of the door good-bye.

31 years ago, when Hub and I bought the legal papers, I wasn't sure if marriage was right for me. Now I can say for a fact -- it wasn't, but we've made peace (sort of.)

Sometimes it's just a matter of personality.

Poet and essayist

#139119 - 01/23/08 07:47 AM Re: Las Vegas? [Re: meredithbead]
gims Offline

I could hear the "beep, beep," hear the whoosh, and see the dusty wake as you took off when a "guy so much as seemed to be getting on the possessive side." lol... yep, I literally pictured you as the forever famous Roadrunner.
Beebeep.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved