The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 118 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#93832 - 10/30/06 05:59 PM Traveling Suggestions
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
We travel a lot (going to NYC this week end after a week in AZ!) so I thought it might be nice for all of us to share tips that make traveling easier.

I keep a small bag in my closet that holds all the items I need (shampoo, toothpaste, facial cleanser, etc.) so I don't have to pack what is in my bathroom. I just grab the bag and pack it. It makes it so much easier to pack.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#93834 - 10/30/06 10:41 PM Re: Traveling Suggestions [Re: ]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I do the same. A day or two after I return from a trip, I refill all of the bottles. I also keep an older curling iron in there, rather than throw it away.

Whenever I try a new hair product, if I like it, I add a new bottle or replace an old one.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#93835 - 10/30/06 10:42 PM Re: Traveling Suggestions [Re: Anno]
Anno Offline

Oh, I forgot to mention, I always travel with one color scheme. Black for winter and white for summer. I bring black pants and skirts (or white) and colorful tops. This way everything is mix and match.

#93836 - 10/31/06 03:48 AM Re: Traveling Suggestions [Re: Anno]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I've tried space bags, but I don't think they work all that well.

Louisa

#93837 - 10/31/06 11:58 AM Re: Traveling Suggestions [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
You girls are organized. I just throw the big bottle of product in, as is.

I have gotten better about taking only the clothes I need. Years ago, I would pack everything just in case I'd need it. Now, I really pack light.

#93838 - 10/31/06 01:26 PM Re: Traveling Suggestions
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I pack light too. I roll my clothes, if you can understand what I mean. It stops a lot of the wrinkles. I don't do it with cotton tho. I put tissue paper between clothes and that also helps with wrinkling. I use ziploc bags for my liquids in case they leak. It's become much easier now that I don't do carry on.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#93839 - 10/31/06 01:43 PM Re: Traveling Suggestions [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Lost luggage. Sound familiar? I carry a separate small bag in my carry-on of makeup. Base, powder, blush, mascara. If the luggage containing the rest of the tons of makeup I THINK I have to carry gets lost, then I'm still covered and dont' have to replace it. AND ... I don't run the risk of scaring small children.

If traveling abroad, I make a copy of my credit card(s) and who to call in case they are stolen/lost. And I also make a copy of my passport and put it inside each piece of luggage.

I also take a bread tie (preferably a red or yellow one) and tie them to something on each piece of luggage. Since mine are so similar to the bazillion other travelers, this helps me to quickly identify MINE. I have luggage tags, but sometimes even those are hidden when the luggage rolls around.

Another tip would be to put a picture of your grandchild or favorite pet on the flip side of your luggage ID card. Sometimes when the luggage rolls around, their picture helps to quickly identify your luggage.

I also buy phone cards in advance so I always have a way to reach out and touch my son who is at home throwing a party while I'm away....They're inexpensive and when your cell won't work, they will. Especially internationally.

If I'm going on a LARGE vacation and know that I'll be buying gifts for the entire free world, I pack another piece of luggage (one that folds up easily) and viola! I have an extra bag to carry home gifts.

#93840 - 10/31/06 09:39 PM Re: Traveling Suggestions [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Great ideas, JJ. I tie a scarf around the handle of my luggage to help identify what is mine. It also comes in handy for pulling back my hair when I wash my face.

In addition to keeping a copy of my passport in each bag, I also carry a copy in my billfold. That way, unless I want to cash travellers cheques, I don't have to carry the real passport on day trips.

#93841 - 10/31/06 10:13 PM Re: Traveling Suggestions [Re: Anno]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I didn't know you could make copies of your passport. But, then again, I don't travel abroad. If you lose the original, will they accept a copy?

Louisa

#93842 - 10/31/06 11:48 PM Re: Traveling Suggestions [Re: Louisa]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
JJ, I do the same things as well since we travel abroad
regularly. Also, one of my fav things to do is bring lots
of ziploc bags of both sizes -- they really come in handy!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved