The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#57927 - 04/06/05 07:17 AM Fishing Trip
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Welcome to newcomers and hi to all. I had a great trip and the big one didn't get away. Fished in Alabama, but the small mouth were unusually scarce. I did hook a large mouth, the biggest of the day weighing in at 5 lb 13 oz. It weighed more than I did at birth, ha.

I read Dianne's book in my leisure time and recommend it to everyone. Thank you Dianne for writing it.

Still reading old posts and trying to catch up on the news. It's good to be back with you again.

chickadee

#57928 - 04/05/05 08:10 PM Re: Fishing Trip
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chick, I think it's cool that you fish. Is this something your husband has introduced to you, or vice versa? My daughter loves to fish. She's a great fisherwoman because she's very patient.

#57929 - 04/06/05 07:48 AM Re: Fishing Trip
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Okay Chick, I think this female fishing thing is great, but I know a better way.
See, I wait til some 'guy' really wants me to go fishing with him. If he begs a little, I get into my skimpiest swimming suit and tag along.
When we get to the fishing hole, I let him put those gushy worms on the hook for me and cast for me and rub suntan lotion on me.
Then while he's baiting and casting and reeling and stressing because he's not catching any fish, I just sit on the blanket and read Cosmo while I'm getting a nice tan.
And when the fish bite, I just reel them in. You see, I hate fishing, but I love catching and I always catch more fish than he does. After he has taken the sqirmy fish off the hook and cleaned them real nice, if I'm not too pooped out from all that fishing, I fry the fish and we eat them up.
But if I'm just too pooped out from fishing, we just go out to a nice restaurant for a decent meal.

Yep, that's my idea of fishing.
smile

#57930 - 04/06/05 08:33 PM Re: Fishing Trip
Dotsie Offline
Founder

smile, you make me laugh. I have a feeling you aren't the only woman who fishes like that.

Here's a great fish story for ya.

While vacationing in St. Thomas, Ross took two of the kids fishing. They hit the jackpot and caught 45 mahi-mahi. No lie.

Since my husband paid for the fishing trip, the fish were ours. We picked the prettiest one and told the guy we wanted to have it stuffed and mounted. No problem.

Then he asked what we wanted to do with the rest. We sure couldn't put them in our suitcases and take them home so we said he could have them. He in turn sold the fish to the restaurant at our resort.

That night we went to dinner and the special was fresh maui-maui caught off the coast. We paid an astronomical amount to eat our fish. We tried telling the waiter the kids caught the fish, but he wouldn't believe us.

[ April 06, 2005, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#57931 - 04/06/05 09:46 PM Re: Fishing Trip
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
That's funny Dotsie. Once when my ex-husband and I were deep sea fishing with another couple, I caught the most of anyone on the boat and my ex was the only one who caught nothing.

We bought him a cap that read, "Fishermen do it with Longer Poles" then we played cards and when he lost, he had to wear the cap everywhere we went for a week. He was a good sport and had almost as much fun as we did out of it.
smile

#57932 - 04/07/05 02:10 AM Re: Fishing Trip
chickadee Offline

You guys are funny. I was cod jigging in the North Atlantic when I was old enought to walk. I don't have time or patience to let someone else look after me because I want to be casting as soon as the motor cuts of. My 5 lb 13 oz largemouth was the biggest catch of the week for us. It weighed 13 oz more than I did at birth, Ha.
Here's a fish story from home and they say it's true.
A man was cod jigging one day when he lost his false teeth overboard. The next day he caught a large cod and when his wife was cleaning it, she found the teeth in the fish's belly.
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

chickadee

#57933 - 04/07/05 04:32 AM Re: Fishing Trip
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
When Eddie and I were first married, about two years we went up to Minnesota fishing for Bass and Walleyes. There were five if us in the boat, Eddie, me, and our friends George and his wife and the Indian guide. It was drizzling and we were sitting under plastic fishing when George caught something big, It was a 44 inch Northern that had a mouth full of huge teeth, The guide shot it in the head before they were aboe to pull it into the boat. They did and it began thrashing about, still alive like an alligator, and Ed and George both nearly jumped out of the boat. I imagine the entire lake could hear us all screaming and laughing hyserically....George won a prize for his catch and he ended having it mounted....The good old days! [Smile]

#57934 - 04/08/05 08:51 PM Re: Fishing Trip
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Are walleyes and flounder the same fish?

#57935 - 04/09/05 12:13 AM Re: Fishing Trip
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
ahhh...no. They aren't.

#57936 - 04/09/05 01:22 AM Re: Fishing Trip
chickadee Offline

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved