The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 209 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#159585 - 09/12/08 02:14 AM Not my future DIL
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I've gone from shocked and upset to angry now. My son's girlfriend upped and moved out the other day and took his dog with her. I would not have been surprised to hear they broke up as I had a feeling it wasn't going all that well recently, but the way she did it threw me for a loop. I can't believe she did this. I had high hopes for this relationship. We all liked this girl very much and welcomed her into our lives. But, anyone messes with my kids has a problem with me. Not that I would call her or anything like that, but let's just say she's on my list of "I'm glad he didn't marry that one" now. I think she took the dog for spite. I'm glad they didn't have a kid. He's very upset and was told he couldn't get the dog back without taking her to court. So, she can just pack up while he's at work and take whatever she wants out of HIS house including his dog and that's okay? I think he is going to file a complaint and have her summons to court. This girl is old enough to know better than this.

#159604 - 09/12/08 08:44 AM Re: Not my future DIL [Re: Louisa]
AdornmentsMilani Offline

Loc: California
Louisa, it sounds like she's holding the dog as ransom for your ds' attention. I'm sure her taking the dog was just some ploy to remain in contact w/ your ds. If he has proof of dog ownership, he could probably just make a phone call to the local police dept. Try not to fret so much, I'm sure he'll get the dog back. Although, not to burst your bubble, but the girl might be part of the package too.

#159607 - 09/12/08 10:33 AM Re: Not my future DIL [Re: AdornmentsMilani]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
My brother-inlaw, now deceased, used to say, "A person that will take your dog, will cut you." In other words, anyone who would take your dog, would do anything to you, anything. He would say it jokingly, but it makes you wonder about people. I mean, even though this isn't a child, it was still HIS dog, HIS "baby" so to speak, his pet, and I'm sure he loved it as one does a child. Bottom line...she stole it. I would report her to the police in a heartbeat...especially if he can prove ownership. And listen, that gal knew what she was doing. It's called spite.

He better be thanking his lucky stars she's gone, from the sound of it.

I'm with you Louisa...say and do what you want to about me, or even to me, but you mess with one of my sons and you will have the wrath of da Queen on you. mad That's not a threat...that's a promise. Uh huh...amen!

#159609 - 09/12/08 11:19 AM Re: Not my future DIL [Re: jawjaw]
Louisa Offline

Unfortunately, it's the police who told him to tell it to the judge. They pretty much didn't give a hoot. Even when he had the man who sold him the dog telling them that, they didn't want to hear it. He did have one of those chips put in the dog's ear that lists him as the owner and his address in case it gets lost. I'm hoping that is proof. I'm also afraid she may have had the chip changed. I don't trust her for one minute. I doubt there will be any reconciliation though. You can do a lot to a guy, but stealing his dog is pretty low. I know I can never feel the same about her after this and would never trust her.

#159613 - 09/12/08 11:55 AM Re: Not my future DIL [Re: Louisa]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Ain’t it the truth how that saying goes:
“Little children, little problems; big children, big problems.”

Just wondering if the girlfriend was the caretaker of the dog during the day? Just to give her the benefit of doubt, did she just take the dog with her so he wouldn’t be alone? But still, it is unforgivable that she didn’t even ask your son if it is all right with him, and now won’t even give him back. Oh yes, be glad they aren’t married and don’t have a child.

Don’t you wish voodoo dolls worked! shocked

#159614 - 09/12/08 12:02 PM Re: Not my future DIL [Re: Edelweiss2]
Louisa Offline

No EW, she works a lot of hours and put the dog in a crate all day long, which is something he didn't like. He finally got her to leave him out of the crate for a few days and found he didn't bother anything in the house. Now, I'm assuming she has the dog at her parents home which is a good half hour from here and will leave it in a crate all day. It is a lousy thing to do to her parents who are older and will have to take care of it during the day. But, no, she did not take care of him during the day. Sometimes my son would bring him with him to my daughter's house at night when she still wasn't home yet. Where do they find these women? And it does make me wonder how she would be with children. I don't see that she's mature enough to handle kids, but I'm glad there aren't any involved.

#159645 - 09/12/08 06:54 PM Re: Not my future DIL [Re: ]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Louisa it amazes me how young women these days are downright spiteful, mean and bitter. It's just terrible. I've had my share of a young woman who needs a good shaking up. I hope your son gets his Dog back and soon.

#159709 - 09/13/08 11:08 AM Re: Not my future DIL [Re: chickadee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
He might be able to hire someone, a detective maybe, to snatch the dog back again. I would mess up anyone who messed with my dogs, and thats a FACT! He needs to take her to court if thats his only option and soon, and he neess to make sure he has proof he paid for the dog. What crummy people live on this earth of ours.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#159717 - 09/13/08 12:26 PM Re: Not my future DIL [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

Anne, I don't know if that is considered animal abuse or not. Maybe Chatty knows?? I do know it's what a lot of dog owners do now. They "crate" the dog while they are at work all day. I don't care for because I feel that it is cruel to keep the animal confined like that. But it is done all the time. He didn't like it either.

Chick, they are supposed to walk the dog so he can take care of things, but I still don't like it. Of course, when I had dogs they pretty much did what they wanted, but I was home all day too.

Chatty, I don't think he could get away with stealing the dog back. I think it has to be done legally or like anything else, he'd end up in trouble instead of the person who stole it in the first place.

#159719 - 09/13/08 12:40 PM Re: Not my future DIL [Re: Louisa]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Louisa, I'm sorry that your son is having to deal with such a spiteful gal. I don't understand why the police won't make the girl return the dog, considering your son has clear factual evidence. When is the court date before the 'judge'? Wonder if a 'custody order' will be issued. My prayers are with your son and his pup.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved