The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 88 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#152592 - 07/03/08 08:33 PM Our youngest son's video
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I shared this with humlan behind the scenes and she told me I should share it here so I will.

Our son who just graduated from film school produced and was also the Director of Photography for a video that debuted on MTVU this week. Right now it's been the most viewed video of the week on their site. You can check it out at this link:

http://www.mtvu.com/

The band is There for Tomorrow. They are becoming hot in the US. I'm sure the link will eventually be old because it's on the their home page so you better check it now if you're interested. It will certainly be on other sites too, but for now, it's only there.

It's a little funky, but very cool. The lyrics are about these band members whose parents want them to go to college and they want to play music so he portrays them giving college a try, then they blow the scene and rock on.

As you can imagine, we're really happy for him. He had to sign a nine page contract to get the job while he was a student. He had 25 of his buddies from film school working with him. They filmed for two days at different locations which they had to secure. He had to purchase insurance for the shoot days and organize the entire production. They put all the money into the production so it would look great, so none of them made money. They did it for the experience.

I'm curious to hear your response.

#152593 - 07/03/08 09:06 PM Re: Our youngest son's video
Mountain Ash Offline

Cannot get the video its says "video not available" on small screen.Hope you can resend
Mountain ash

#152594 - 07/03/08 10:31 PM Re: Our youngest son's video [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Dotsie, this is great. The band is good too. So as Director of Photography, what exactly was his job? Did he supervise all aspects of the video, including set/lighting, and final editing?

K

#152595 - 07/03/08 11:10 PM Re: Our youngest son's video [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I can't get it either.

(Maya Angelou)

#152596 - 07/03/08 11:22 PM Re: Our youngest son's video [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I GOT IT I GOT IT!!! Wow...that's incredible...you must be so proud, Dotsie. You must feel very proud indeed...awesome video!

#152597 - 07/03/08 11:42 PM Re: Our youngest son's video [Re: Dee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
As Director, he was in charge of the whole shoot from concept to final edit.

As DP he was in charge of how the whole thing was shot, what lenses to use, what filters, angles to shoot from, distance to shoot, when to zoom, lighting, the total look and feel with color, how to pan the camera, etc.

Thanks for watching. I appreciate your interest.

I know humlan could view it so there's hope for the rest of you gals outside the US.

#152598 - 07/04/08 03:14 AM Re: Our youngest son's video
Dee Offline

Dotsie...what's next for your son? Has he said?

#152599 - 07/04/08 03:54 AM Re: Our youngest son's video [Re: Dee]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Nice Job, dotsie.

#152600 - 07/04/08 06:16 AM Re: Our youngest son's video [Re: gims]
chickadee Offline

Very professional,Dotsie. And I like the group too.

#152601 - 07/04/08 10:15 AM Re: Our youngest son's video [Re: chickadee]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Aaaack! I can't view it either, Dotsie. Nonetheless, I must congratulate your son. Having his work as "the most viewed" is indeed a very good platform to spring from . I say to Bregels Sons & Co, ROCK ON!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved