The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 221 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#140024 - 01/29/08 10:07 AM Help! Need t-shirt slogan!
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
The Olympics are starting August 8th. I would like to get some fan t-shirts printed for our daughter in law, and would love to hear some suggestions as to what I could print on the T -shirt.

She will be a part of the USA Volley Ball Olympic team. Her name is Norisha Campbell. Just to give you a little background, she is tall, beautiful, and is the most loving and happiest persons I know.
Her nickname is Nye.

We have tons of pictures of her which we could print on the shirt as well, but I’m looking for some kind of slogan. Help! I’m brain dead!

#140025 - 01/29/08 10:40 AM Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Reach(ing) High with (or for) Nye

Reach the Sky with (for) Nye

OMG, Hannelore....I'll try again a little later....I just woke up! By the way, your DIL is indeed beautiful...and we all know how beautiful the baby is!

#140026 - 01/29/08 01:17 PM Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Here are some volleyball terms to help us think:

dig, attack, hit, kill, serve, volley, slam, ... what else?

Hannelore, are there any slang words that go with the game?

I'm thinking.

What a great idea.

Michael Phelps, the Olympic swimmer grew up down the street from us. He even palyed in our home as a kid. My oldest went to school with him. Look for Michael on the Olympic commercials. Our town is so proud of him. Hannelore, I can't imagine how excited you must be!

#140027 - 01/29/08 02:17 PM Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan!
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Nye is flying high! Nye flies as high as an Eagle!
Oh my golly, can Nye ever volley!!!
Our Nye is on the ball...you dig?
Nye's a killer hit and a volley slammer. Nye attacks a serve and slams a volley.
??????
I tried?

P.S., You're right! She is beautiful!

Edited by jabber (01/29/08 02:17 PM)

#140028 - 01/29/08 05:11 PM Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! [Re: jabber]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hannelore...first...your daughter-in-law...she's so beautiful!!!! And she has that figure after having a baby? Lord have mercy...she's awesome!!!!

What number is the olympics? Can you combine her image on the shirt with perhaps the olympic logo, the olympic numbers (year) and where the olympics are where she'll be playing and the category...Something classy like that?

In other worse...you could have her face in the center...above her you could have
USA OLYMPIC VOLLYBALL TEAM (YEAR)

Under her photo have her name
and then under that where the town

You could choose your colors and letters in different styles to look really nice.

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing...and give her my best. Let us know when she plays so I can watch. Will you get to be there?

#140029 - 01/29/08 06:24 PM Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! [Re: Dee]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I have no idea what (if there are) official Olympic colors, but here's what popped into my head with one of my fav color combos... I don't own a software to create freely - have to cut and paste:

#140030 - 01/29/08 06:33 PM Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! [Re: gims]
Mountain Ash Offline

hannelore
a print of baby
with
My Mommy is top class.

with Granma help

Let women see being a parent does not stop an athlete.

Two messages in one. A hat trick
MA

#140031 - 01/29/08 06:54 PM Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! [Re: Mountain Ash]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
She is a beautiful woman and I wish her great luck!
I'm not so good at slang but will be interested in what you come up with!
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#140032 - 01/29/08 07:07 PM Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! [Re: Mountain Ash]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Well tie me up, roll me over, and call me a volley ball. You gals are gooooood!

There are so many great ideas here. I want to use them all. Gimster, I love the graphic; absolutely cool ! And how did you know that this kind of graphic art is Nye’s style!?! She would love this.

Maybe on the front or the back of the shirt I’ll put the USA Olympic Volleyball team and year, like Dee suggested, and somewhere CHINA, where the Olympics will be taking place.

What’s better, the cool graphic in the front or the back?

Ladyjane and Jabber I like the word “high” rhyming with Nye! Funny gimster used that too. And Dotsie you know more volleyball terms than I do. Thanks for posting them!

Maybe I could put a picture of Anaiya (her baby) on the sleeve of the T-shirt…like a tattoo…haha! Good idea to get the baby in as well Mountain!

WOOOEEEEEE! Can’t wait to get this made and show it to you all. When I get Nye’s official number (great suggestion Dee) then I might just put it on the other sleeve.

Jeez maybe we should get together and open an advertising business. You girls are better than many a professional advertising agency. Thank you all soooooo much . ((((((HUGS)))))))))))

#140033 - 01/29/08 07:12 PM Re: Help! Need t-shirt slogan! [Re: Edelweiss]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I LOVE the logo Gimster...how about using red, white and blue as the colors?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved