The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 205 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#94349 - 11/06/06 04:51 PM making a difference
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
When You Thought I Wasn't Looking

Written by a former child
Author Unknown

A message every adult should read, because children are watching you and doing as you do, not as you say.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator and I immediately wanted to paint another one.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you feed a stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind to animals.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make my favorite cake for me and I learned that the little things can be the special things in life.

When you thought I wasn't looking I heard you say a prayer, and I knew there is a God I could always talk to and I learned to trust in God.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make a meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I learned that we all have to help take care of each other.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you give of your time and money to help people who had nothing and I learned that those who have something should give to those who don't.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you take care of our house and everyone in it and I learned we have to take care of what we are given.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw how you handled your responsibilities, even when you didn't feel good and I learned that I would have to be responsible when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw tears come from your eyes and I learned that sometimes things hurt, but it's alright to cry.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw that you cared and I wanted to be everything that I could be.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I learned most of life's lessons that I need to know to be a good and productive person when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I looked at you and wanted to say,
'Thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn't looking.'

Each of us (parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, teacher or friend) influences
the life of a child. How will you touch the life of someone today?

#94350 - 11/06/06 05:36 PM Re: making a difference
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Thank you. i sent this to my step-daughter since she is a new mother.

Edited by Di (11/06/06 05:36 PM)

#94351 - 11/07/06 10:05 PM Re: making a difference [Re: Di]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh good. I'm glad to hear it.

#94352 - 11/07/06 11:10 PM Re: making a difference
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
What a shame to pen something so memorable and let it be Author Unknown.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#94353 - 11/09/06 09:01 AM Re: making a difference [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Thanks Dotsie, just wanted to let you know I forward all your beautiful sayings and poems to my DIL. She thanks you too.

#94354 - 11/09/06 12:14 PM Re: making a difference [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh no. They weren't mine. I didn't write them.

#94355 - 11/09/06 01:29 PM Re: making a difference
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
This is very inspiriring, Dotsie. Thanks so much for sharing such a wonderful tribute to a parent.

It's amazing how seemingly little things in life can have such an impact in those around us! May we all become aware of how we influence others for their good.
NABBW & NAWW

#94356 - 11/27/06 08:43 PM Re: making a difference [Re: Songbird]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
oh butifull, it really touched me. How easy it is to forget all they learn when u think they are not looking or just becouse you havent "ofically" set out to teach them something .....perhapps the real teaching in life...lies heer

ps is that why i mix my whites and coulerd washing just like my mum, for ecconomie lol

Is that why L never is quiet, yep i chatter a lot too lol

celtic_flame

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved