The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#4994 - 12/11/05 09:34 PM Children At Christmas Time
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Ah, How wonderful to see small children at christmas time and there wide with wonder . I remember when my daughter was little she came running christmas morning saying to my husband and me Santa's been here Santa's been here . Anyone else have fond memories of when you children were little at Christmas ?

#4995 - 12/11/05 09:42 PM Re: Children At Christmas Time
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Yes I do Nancy... like the time my son found his Santa and said, "you're not gonna believe this Mommy...Santa is using our closet to hide presents! Wonder why he's using OUR house?"

I could have died!

JJ

#4996 - 12/11/05 09:56 PM Re: Children At Christmas Time
ladybug Offline

My husband use to wait until they were in bed awhile. We had a leather strap with bells on it. He'd go around the back of the house through the woods to their bedroom windows. He'd ring those bells and stomp really hard saying, "ho, ho, ho." Once I sat down near our son's door and heard him whisper to himself, "he's here!" then in a louder voice, "yo Santa!"

Some Christmas Eves we'd tuck him and his sister in together when they were still very small. It was their idea. I sat by their door when my husband when out to do his "bell ringing and ho, ho ho." I could hear one of them getting up and nearly tripped running down the hallway back to the lving room. As I sat there out of breath our son comes running in to tell me Santa was here.
Such wonderful memories!

#4997 - 12/11/05 10:04 PM Re: Children At Christmas Time
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Christmas with grammie and grampie was always magical for my kids when they were little. So was gathering around the menorah at home to light the candles. Nothing is more beautiful than the shining eyes of a child at this time of year!

#4998 - 12/13/05 06:43 AM Re: Children At Christmas Time
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I miss not having children around for christmas , but we have a granddog now . It was so much fun in days gone by. I agree with you Jackie what is christmas without children and excitement.

#4999 - 12/13/05 07:01 AM Re: Children At Christmas Time
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
We don't have any little ones in the family right now. The youngest child who will be there is 19. Maybe someday I'll have grandchildren. Sigh.

#5000 - 12/13/05 08:01 AM Re: Children At Christmas Time
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Not having had any children of my own, we "made do" with my youngest brother, who at the age of 40+ (and single) is still a little kid at heart. I've always made sure there was some neat little toy under the tree for him.

Now with our granddaughter, Christmas is a whole new experience...but we still make sure that my brother doesn't get left out...he may be a very responsible, hard-working boss man on the outside, but I still see a toy-loving little boy deep down inside.

#5001 - 12/13/05 07:02 PM Re: Children At Christmas Time
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
These stories make me teary-eyed.

I have a little great-nephew that will be here Christmas day. I am looking so forward to having a little one in the house. I can't wait. We got him ten little Matchbox cars and are wrapping them all individually. He is a doll, and all boy. He definitely adds merriment wherever he goes.

One of my favorite Christams memories is of my daughter when she was about four. Some of her gifts were: footy pajamas, ice skates, Little Mermaid unbrella, and a funky, fun snow hat. We have a picture of her in her new p.j.'s, with her hat and ice skates on, holding her umbrella. She is sitting on the top of the sliding board out back. She wanted to test her umbrella and skates. It was neither icey nor raining. She climed the slide steps with her skates on. It's precious. That's my little girl!

#5002 - 12/23/05 02:58 AM Re: Children At Christmas Time
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I will never forget my Grandsons face the morning he awoke here in the Las Vegas desert his birthplace and saw snow for the very first time. His father, my son drove up to Mt. Charleston 40 miles away with a friend and they brought back 2 truck loads of snow and spread it in the front yard. It gets really cold here but doesn't snow. He and his little friends went nuts that morning in the first snow many of them had ever experienced except on TV or looking up at it on the mountain tops way above the city. Probably the best present these kids ever got...

#5003 - 12/23/05 05:03 AM Re: Children At Christmas Time
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
One Christmas my son Keith wanted a bike for Christmas. Well, we weren't really poor, but not rich either and he informed us that he would ask Santa for the bike so mom and (cheapskate)dad wouldn't have to worry about buying it. We could get him something less expensive. I'm sure he had no idea how much a bike was and if that was expensive or not.

Daisygirl

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved