The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 115 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#4718 - 09/19/05 03:34 PM Emotionally drained
Pearls Offline

Loc: Ohio
My very well to do son does not call. He changed his cell phone and the only way we speak to him is thru his girlfriend. I am angry and very hurt. I guess I just need comforting words; his father and I never abused him, never had extra marital affairs, did not abuse alcohol or drugs. We did have high expectations and he himself said that if had not gone to a private school, would have ended up in jail. He and I always had a good relationship. He is blaming his father for being too strict. His dad worked long hours in the transportation industry, and I was basically a single mother without the financial burden. Should I just let it play itself out? He knows how we feel, thru his girlfriend.

#4719 - 09/19/05 06:02 PM Re: Emotionally drained
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Welcome Pearls. Would your son consider meeting just with you somewhere neutral? Maybe for coffee at a local donut shop? He could bring along his girlfriend for "moral support" if he feels the need for it.

#4720 - 09/19/05 06:03 PM Re: Emotionally drained
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
There's nothing worse than thinking youdid everything you possibly could and still have issues with your kids. I am so sorry to hear this. I havea a feeling he needs some time to chill out.

Pearls, how long has this been going on? How old is he? This may help us a little.

Hang in there. You may want to root around this forum. You'll find other women who are going through similar situations. Please know you aren't alone.

[ September 19, 2005, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#4721 - 09/19/05 06:08 PM Re: Emotionally drained
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is a part of Bookie's post from the granchildren forum. I had to cut and paste it here so you could see what happened to her.

BOOKIE's Post
My beautiful daughter and I were estranged for a number of years after her father and I divorced. My heart ached...she just did not want me in her life. All I could do is tell her that no matter how she felt about me, I would always love her, she would always be my daughter and I would always be there for her if she ever needed or wanted me. She could never tell me why she felt the way she did, our relationship was broken but because I never knew what I had done that caused her to cast me out, I didn't know how to repair the damage. But then out of the blue everything changed!
I credit my wonderful Son-in-Law for bringing us together again. When he came into her life, she became a different person. Suddenly this sullen unhappy women was reborn and along with this change came a renewal of our mother/daughter relationship.
We talked constantly and planned their wedding and then after they announced her pregnancy three years later, we talked even more. But the ultimate gift of love she has ever given me was when she asked me to be in the delivery room with her to witness the birth of my first grandchild!

#4722 - 09/19/05 06:09 PM Re: Emotionally drained
The Power of Addicted Lov Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Good morning Pearls!

You didn't mention how old your son is?

That may help in determining his "maturity" in how he handles situations.

Teresa :-)

#4723 - 09/20/05 03:45 PM Re: Emotionally drained
Pearls Offline

Loc: Ohio
Thank you, dear friends, and that is exactly how I feel because you took the time to "care". That is the biggest step in the healing process. He is not a youngster..in his late 20's. He has cut himself off from the entire family, not just his father and me. If I only knew "why". Perhaps, I am just feeling sorry for myself and need to give my problems to God and trust that He will make everything understandable; bearable. This is just coming at a bad time..my father-in-law is in a nursing facility; my mother is losing her site; my husband is on social security disability; my son and his family arrived from New Orleans last week. They, as well as my daughter-in-law's family lost everything. So putting it all in perspective...it could be worse????? Thank you again!

#4724 - 09/20/05 05:23 PM Re: Emotionally drained
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Pearl,

Jesus wept. It is o.k. to grieve, give yourself permission to do so.

There ARE other hard things going on the world - but not much is harder then a mother with a broken heart.

Many of us have been there - feeling like we did our best -- and it was not enough.

Keep loving that boy - send him cards - tell him you love him. Something is going on inside of HIM and by the Grace of God, someday you'll have him back in your life!

Until then - keep the faith!

motherly hugs,
danita

#4725 - 09/20/05 09:10 PM Re: Emotionally drained
Sera Offline

Loc: Fairfield, Ct. USA
Pearl...Danita's got it just right...sometimes all you can do is keep loving them, regardless, and pray a lot. I believe the BEST thing we can do for our children, at all times, is pray for them. Whatever's keeping your son away may change over time,as he views things differently or his circumstances change. If you've loved him throughout, he'll know how to find his way back "home". Blessings...S.

[ September 20, 2005, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Sera ]

#4726 - 10/28/05 08:30 PM Re: Emotionally drained
JPW Offline

Loc: Washington State
Pearl,I just posted my first message and then saw yours--we are in a similar sad, frustrating place. It helps to know we're not alone. How can someone you love so much turn their back on you? You can't help but think of every moment you spent with them from birth to adulthood and now this. Every day I pray for my daughter and I try to give the problem to God. I know He will take care of her. I'm just being selfish because I miss her and I want her back. Best wishes, JPW

#4727 - 10/28/05 08:41 PM Re: Emotionally drained
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Welcome, JPW, good to have you here!

It is not selfish to want to be with someone you love - it IS heartbraking, especially when it's someone who once lived inside of you. I will pray for you and Pearl.

Enjoy the forum...we have a lot of members from Washington!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved