The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 61 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#4738 - 09/27/05 09:48 PM My son's wedding
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
It was so much fun. A cross between a class reunion, family reunion and wedding. I had the chance to see some old high school friends and relatives I haven't seen in ages.

Derek cried when Missy walked down the aisle. Of course, it set my tears off! She was crying too. It was an outdoor wedding under a gazebo with a true western minister, complete with a Stetson. He was so cool.

The reception was a family affair with the young children dancing. It was so cute. All parties behaved. I consider a wedding a success if there is no blood shed. [Big Grin]

The family gathered in a small room to make a toast. Missy's dad passed away a year ago but when she was born, he bought a bottle of VO and said it was never to be opened until the day his daughter married. So, we all toasted Sam and the wedding couple. Very bittersweet and you could feel Sam in the room. A beautiful moment.

So, it was a success! [Smile]

#4739 - 09/27/05 11:04 PM Re: My son's wedding
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Congratulations to the new mother in law! I'm glad to hear it all worked out but how are you feeling and is the neck better?
Love the toast!

#4740 - 09/27/05 11:06 PM Re: My son's wedding
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Diane, I'm so glad you're back and had a great time. Yoiu didn't mention how you felt so I'm assuming things are getting better?

#4741 - 09/28/05 12:24 AM Re: My son's wedding
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I got chills reading about this beautiful day!

#4742 - 09/28/05 12:26 AM Re: My son's wedding
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Pattyann - just noticed you are in Lancaster. I have a cousin who is a doctor there, wondering if you know him. His name is Thomas Biuso.
We've been to Strasburg years ago. We loved Amish country, their food and the horse and "boogies", as one of our kids used to say!

#4743 - 09/28/05 01:57 AM Re: My son's wedding
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
The neck...well, that's another story. I took my pain meds while in AZ but I've been pacing, moaning and crying from the pain. Have to call the doctor. [Frown]

#4744 - 09/28/05 02:52 AM Re: My son's wedding
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Wst Bluebird
Don't know your cousin
Love Strasburg- has my favorite ice cream shop!

#4745 - 09/28/05 02:54 AM Re: My son's wedding
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dianne, I always feel better when you get home from one of your trips. Like a Mother hen I like my chicks around me. The wedding sounded lovely and the toast to Sam sent chills over me. How perfect!

Please take care of yourself and let us know if you get some relief from the doc. Praying for you hon...

JJ

#4746 - 09/28/05 03:20 AM Re: My son's wedding
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Ditto what JJ said...I too was thinking about you and hoping you were having a good time...but at the same time, missing you and waiting anxiously for you to get home. That toast thing was so beautiful and touching.

Reminds me of what I did to make sure my Dad (who had died the year before) was part of my special day. I put my favourite snapshot of him and me together inside the left side of my bra (I didn't carry a purse - it was the only place to put it). So I could feel him right next to my heart all day.

But at the end of the day, the picture was stuck to my boob and wouldn't come off...I hope this doesn't offend anyone, because for me it was very endearing, and I had such a sweet and tender sense of his presence. And we still laugh over him not wanting to give up his nice warm spot.

Anyway, I'm glad your son's wedding went so smoothly and even more glad that you're home safe and sound, albeit in pain.

[ September 27, 2005, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#4747 - 09/28/05 05:50 AM Re: My son's wedding
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hoping to find you feeling well soon dear Dianne and and glad to hear good news about the wedding and by the by how is Sweet Pea doing? Is she home from the vet yet?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved