The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#4610 - 07/24/05 06:41 PM Out of the mouths of babes
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Do you remember any of the cute things your kids said or asked? My son asked me, do chickens yawn? Do fish sweat?

My six year old grandson is visiting and he told me, "I'm so good, I'm jealous of myself!"

#4611 - 07/25/05 07:46 AM Re: Out of the mouths of babes
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
When my son was little, I said we were having Lion chops for dinner.He asked me if Loin chops came from real Lions!

chick

#4612 - 07/24/05 10:32 PM Re: Out of the mouths of babes
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, I wish I could remember some of the sweet things they said. If only I had journaled then.

My sister is a nanny, and a great one too. One of the things she does for the parents is keep a daily journal.I think it's the best gift she could ever give them. She writes everything the kids say and do in stacks of journals. Don't you wish someone had done that for you when your kids were little?

#4613 - 07/24/05 11:59 PM Re: Out of the mouths of babes
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
"I haven't got to walk backwards all day!"

This he said as he was arguing about taking a bath...I shouldn't interrupt his play because he hadn't gotten to walk backwards all day. What a forehead slapper that was...

#4614 - 07/25/05 12:12 AM Re: Out of the mouths of babes
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
My granddaughter was barely 2-1/2 years old at the time she said this one. It was while she was on the potty in the bathroom. We've had some amazing and wonderful discussions in the bathroom, she and I. I can't remember what we were talking about or what I had said to deserve this one, but I remember her putting her finger on the side of her head and thinking, eyes big and serious, and then saying,enunciating the first word VERY well: "Actually, Sharon, I think you're wrong."

#4615 - 08/05/05 04:12 PM Re: Out of the mouths of babes
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
Had to post this cutie. I got an e-mail from my granddaughter, who is five--almost six (according to her)last night. It was a closeup photo of her smile, complete with its first lost tooth gap.
She was very excited about the Tooth Fairy possibilities, and wrote, "I'm going to MAKE LOTS OF MONEY, because I have lots of teeth!"

She is most definitely her father's daughter!!!

#4616 - 08/05/05 05:43 PM Re: Out of the mouths of babes
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I think she might be related to my husband!

#4617 - 08/17/05 06:29 PM Re: Out of the mouths of babes
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
Okay, so maybe it's plain ol' Grandma pride, but Miss Brilliant (of last week's Tooth Fairy fame) got me good with another one.
She drew an excellent picture of the entire family, including everybody from grandparents right down to the hamster. Very impressive. However, since lately she's been including clothing on her figures, I asked her why she didn't have clothes on everybody this time. Her repy:
"Oh Grandma, things are so much simpler when everybody's naked, dontcha think?"

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved