The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#4022 - 06/12/04 04:40 PM replacement
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Someone told me yesterday he'd been replaced. I looked at him questioningly (is that a word?) and he said, "yeah, my first grandchild was just born and now I've been replaced."

I thought that was a great way to put it.

When Daddy's last parent died, his mother, Daddy said, "I've moved up to the first pew".

#4023 - 06/15/04 05:49 PM Re: replacement
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
quote:
Originally posted by Thistle Cove Farm:
When Daddy's last parent died, his mother, Daddy said, "I've moved up to the first pew".

I hear people talk about this but I've never heard it worded like that. That's great.

Being replaced by grandchildren is becoming a bigger issue for boomers. Boy are there going to be lots of spoiled babies.

This post also reminds me of friends who refer to themselves as orphans when both parents have died. Ewww, I don't like the sounds of that.

Fortunately, Dad is still with us and God knows there wiil be a tremedous void when he's gone.

Does anyone find it hard to be the oldest alive in their families? Does it give you a sense of responsibility for other family members?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved