The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#4003 - 05/24/04 04:46 PM graduate
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I just went to my son's high school graduation.

That makes three. [Smile]

My kids have all graduated and are now in the second phase of their lives.

So, what's a mom to do?

#4004 - 05/25/04 07:22 AM Re: graduate
Betty-boop Offline

Loc: Utah
Well, both of mine are graduated. Immediately after graduation, they considered themselves ADULTS. That meant "but out of my business, mom. We are adults and don't need your help anymore"

That doesn't last long. Once they are in the real world, working, having to pay their own way and complaining about going to college, they find their way back to good ol' mom and dad for advice and understanding.

I know I'm probably the exception, but I didn't kick my kids out when they grew up. One got married and left, the other is still here.(21 years old). I never made them pay rent or any of the bills. They both have helped with groceries on their own. But, I am blessed that I have good daughters and we enjoy being together.

And then there is the grandchildren...but that is another ballgame all together. lol

#4005 - 05/25/04 07:54 AM Re: graduate
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Vicki, congrats! You ask, what's a mom to do? I say it sure seems to me like you've found what you are good at doing. Keep writing and encouraging women writers. You're good at it.

Isn't it fun to have a little more time to explore what you want? [Big Grin]

#4006 - 05/24/04 11:46 PM Re: graduate
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Vicki,
Your post sounds so familiar. I remember when my girls graduated and left home. I was running a multi-million dollar business and extremely busy, but boy did I ever miss those kids.
Like Betty said though, they do come back. And if you're lucky, they don't have to. They do just cause they missed you too. And if you're really lucky, sooner or later they bring grandkids.
I remember fearing the loneliness at first. I was lost. (your post is what inspired me to write under some other category about loneliness)

It's amazing how quickly you adapt to having time of your own and to the NOT's. Not having to search their rooms for YOUR clothes, not waiting up for them to get home, not praying every day that they find the right friends, Not picking up after them, Not locking the bedroom door, not having them in the bathroom to 'talk' during your every one of your so called relaxing baths, and not putting them first all the time.
Now is your turn girl. Go for it.
smile

#4007 - 05/25/04 03:54 PM Re: graduate
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
thank you, everyone for your wonderful, encouraging posts.

They really are in such a hurry to grow up, aren't they? [Wink]

My oldest has been married for 3 years (uh... 4 years? uh oh.. )now.. still no grandchildren in sight, but they're not quite settled yet. I can wait. [Big Grin]

I know I'll never stop being their mom.. and I'll always be here when they need me. They'll always be my babies. [Smile]

Thank you for your warm, thoughtful comments.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved