The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 210 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#171487 - 01/15/09 08:37 PM Why boys need parents
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I was sent this and while reading, it brought back so many memories of raising the kids, and not just the boys, but my daughter too. Hope it stirs some memories for you.

Oh, and I'm covering kate's post which is still fresh, so please look at the other chidlren posts so you don't miss it. Thanks.

Why boys need parents:

And you also find out interesting things when you have sons, like...

> 1.) A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4
> inches deep.

> 2! .) If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller
> blades, they can ignite.

> 3.) A 3-year old Boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded
> restaurant.

> 4.) If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound Boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20x20 ft. room.

> 5.) You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.

> 6.) The glass in windows (even double-pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.

> 7.) When you hear the toilet flush and the words 'uh oh', it's already too late.

> 8.) Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.

> 9.) A six-year old Boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year old Man says they can only do it in the movies.

> 10.) Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4-year old Boy.

> 11.) Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.

> 12.) Super glue is forever.

> 13.) No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.

> 14.) Pool filters do not like Jell-O.

> 15.) VCR's do not eject 'PB & J' sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.

> 16.) Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

> 17.) Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.

> 18.) You probably DO NOT want to know what that odor is.

> 19.) Always look in the oven before you turn it on; plastic toys do not like ovens.

> 20.) The fire department in Austin , TX has a 5-minute response time.

> 21.) The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.

> 22.) It will, however, make cats dizzy.

> 23.) Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.

> 24.) 80% of Women will pass this on to almost all of their friends, with or without kids.
>
> 25.) 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.
>

#171525 - 01/16/09 12:56 PM Re: Why boys need parents [Re: Dotsie]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i am in for my second read lol and i love 24 and 25 that was the best laust giggle

#171543 - 01/16/09 03:26 PM Re: Why boys need parents [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I laughed so hard at some of these becasue they really took mye back.

One winter, the boys were filling our window well with fire wood, for soem reason. Of course they threw in a piece and cracked the window.

I was reminded of the time a baseball cracked our double pane kitchen window.

The time I turned the oven on without opening it and there were batteries in there.

Definitely had toys put in VCRs seveal times.

Had a bead up the nose that we had to take our son to the hospital for becasue we couldn't extract it.

Also, a Barbie down the toilet.

#171558 - 01/16/09 05:06 PM Re: Why boys need parents [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
There are no surprises after raising boys. I know...I raised two of them practically on my own. They will try anything. Fearless, they are. And dumb....dumb..dumb. Mahahahaha....

#171567 - 01/16/09 06:39 PM Re: Why boys need parents [Re: jawjaw]
celtic_flame Offline

or just little experimenters, like how many toilet rolls dose it take to flood the toilet. hmmmm i did call him oh you you little experimenter you......(angel faced mum)

....he sometimes brings me orange juice now you know...he tells me BUT after the very first time when he woke me in middle of night with "my organge juice" after one gulp i knew just knew it was raw eggs mixed up ...lol He occsasionalie tries to do that still.

he did like being talked so much after his bath he shared that plsure with my cd player in the kitched, onlie the radio works now...

see little experimenter lol.

as for fearless ness how do L even know the biscutes (cookies) are in the very top of the very highest cupord, even standing on top of the kitched counter he still should't be able to get them their! lol.

#171583 - 01/16/09 07:21 PM Re: Why boys need parents [Re: ]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
My nephew peed on a socket. A scientific experiment he says. He still sticks to that story and he's now a marine.

#171585 - 01/16/09 07:34 PM Re: Why boys need parents [Re: Lola]
celtic_flame Offline

with boys ann it thinks its double their hight for splatter effects yuck,

lol glade he wase't hurt lol. did it have anything to do with him joining the marines? or you just throwen that in sow we know the bravery fearlessness is the same.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved