The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#162422 - 10/11/08 03:39 PM My son is getting married today!
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
I only have a second, because there is so much to do to prepare for this evening's wedding between my son and his long time girlfriend.

But I just had to spread the good news to my boomer friends here.

Last night he was at our house for his last "single man" home cooked meal. He alternated between talking about his honeymoon plans.....and playing with a tiny remote control helicopter my husband received at a Harvard seminar last week.

My son was a man one minute, and a boy the next. Tonight he will commit (hopefully for life) his life to another before God, family and friends.

I am overjoyed!!!

#162423 - 10/11/08 04:19 PM Re: My son is getting married today! [Re: Josie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Congratulations Josie! How exciting for you and your family!

Do you like your new daughter-in-law? I just love mine! I never had any girls, so she's like my new daughter and we get along so great.

Let us know how it went, k?

#162427 - 10/11/08 05:21 PM Re: My son is getting married today! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Congratulations Josie, to your son and all the people involoved. Thats the way I too got the daughters I always wanted, my sons married them

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#162432 - 10/11/08 06:49 PM Re: My son is getting married today! [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Have a wonderful time Josie. It's great to be the mother of the groom,...I think it is less stressfull than being the mother of the bride. Enjoy!

#162434 - 10/11/08 07:15 PM Re: My son is getting married today! [Re: Edelweiss2]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Congrats all around Josie...by the tone of your email, it sounds as if you are very glad of this union and that makes it so "right', doesn' it? So special!

You'll have to give details when you return. Blessings to all!

#162518 - 10/13/08 04:47 PM Re: My son is getting married today! [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anxiously waiting to hear all about it, and maybe even see a photo or two...

Have you come down from that cloud yet?

#162615 - 10/14/08 06:19 PM Re: My son is getting married today! [Re: Dotsie]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
The spectacular autumn sunset and mirror image lake was the perfect backdrop for the momentous occasion of my son's wedding to the girl of his dreams Saturday evening. The 68 degree temperature added to the perfection...

I had been very hurt when they had decided not to be married in a traditional church, but it truly felt like God himself provided the most beautiful natural church setting imaginable.

The reception was quite festive with an autumn theme as well. I was overcome with emotion when dancing with my son during the mom-son dance. This song is most unique and unknown but listen to it anyway. Some here may want to save it for future reference. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsLlUnUICQM

They skipped the silly garter routine, which I was glad of....

Toward the very end, everyone was given a small flag and we gathered into a large group to wave the flag and sing "God Bless the USA" as recorded by Lee Greenwood. We all got so into it!

Now the happy couple is enjoying their Bahamas honeymoon for a week.

My husband took this week off, so WE can recuperate from the wedding and other family happenings of late.

It's nice to get back to normal again!

#162621 - 10/14/08 06:58 PM Re: My son is getting married today! [Re: Josie]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Josie, what a lovely video. You did a wonderful job putting it together. I know how hard that is.

Your son is very handsome; but his Mom ain’t bad either. The ceremony sounds lovely.

Enjoy the next chapter in life, which is as rich with love as the chapters before. Oh and I never heard this song before. If that isn’t a tear jerker, I don’t know what is. (sob)

#162632 - 10/14/08 07:55 PM Re: My son is getting married today! [Re: Josie]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Such a sweet video, and such wonderful photos! I loved it. Congratulations on raising a wonderful son, your new DIL and I wish them the very best in their lives together!
Thank you for sharing.
Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#162634 - 10/14/08 08:03 PM Re: My son is getting married today! [Re: dancer9]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I love weddings.... so glad your sons was perfect!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved