The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 152 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#150019 - 06/02/08 07:37 PM I'm a Mom-n-law!
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
Hey All,
A bit over a week ago, 11 months of chaos ended with the most Beautiful Wedding of our youngest to a very Dear to us Daughter-in-law. Not one hic-up in 3 days of actual Wedding events! The best man told my son I was HOT. LOL The other Mom and I get along fantastic, did grocery shopping together for our newlyweds before they returned from a week long honeymoon. Plus, lunch! Anyhow, I have a new job and new DIL, still finding my way back to '?normal?' LOL. Oh yes, Things are getting better for our unmarried older son, he's got a new GF (such a sweetheart too). Now, if I could just straighten DH out? Oh well,,not a lot of time here toady, but did want to drop by and say Hello.
Best wishes to Everyone, Q-ball

#150020 - 06/03/08 02:27 AM Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! [Re: Q_ball]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Your life sounds fascinating and very full. So glad you stopped by to share it all with us, your cyber family!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#150021 - 06/03/08 01:15 PM Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Q ball, I remember hearing about the shower and wedding plans. Glad to hear there's harmony with both sides of the family. That's so important to the newlyweds.

So you're a HOT MIL? How fun is that? I bet that comment made you float for a while.

#150022 - 06/03/08 01:35 PM Re: I'm a Mom-n-law!
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
A "hottie" in the Ozarks; how cool! Glad you love your MIL role and wish you and your wonderful sounding family the best life has to offer.

#150023 - 06/03/08 02:04 PM Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! [Re: jabber]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Congratulations jabber! What fun for you. It's a special time for all of you. Glad you and your DIL get along. Enjoy the ride with it all.
www.tidedancer.com

#150024 - 06/03/08 02:06 PM Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! [Re: Sandpiper]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Oopl! Sorry about that. Q ball I hope your family blossoms and just keeps being happy and content in the newness of it all.
www.tidedancer.com

#150025 - 06/03/08 09:43 PM Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! [Re: Sandpiper]
Q_ball Offline

Thanks Ladies for all the Well Wishes. This event in our lives has been a blessing. Our newlyweds dated 4 years! So, everyone was more than ready for them to get married already. LOL Whew, LOL as far as the hot MIL from the Ozarks, Yes Dotsie as if I needed another reason, besides total JOY at the marriage of my son, the hang out on Cloud nine was extended by being called hot by a 20 something y/o. Really all I intended was to make my son proud.
Well, I'm going to go back in the forums and do a bit more catching up with everyone. Can't reply as often as I'd like,,hahaha I'm So far behind on everything here. I've sincerely missed this place & all the wonderful friends here. If ya ask me I think we're all pretty HOT in our own way.

#150026 - 06/04/08 09:24 AM Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! [Re: Q_ball]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Congrats to everyone concerned and it just sounds as if everything fell into place, thanks to you and your family. Or should I say "family's?" I think it is so cool that the two of you got together and bought their groceries. What great mom's you are! Congrats!

And any time you can come in here and say hello, please do. Your voice has been missed!

#150027 - 06/04/08 05:46 PM Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! [Re: jawjaw]
Q_ball Offline

Ahhh, Thanks Queen JJ, that means so much coming from You. I hope to be back more often now. As we speak I'm fluttering around in here, much like a butterfly with too many flowers to choose from. The forums are loaded with happenings I've missed and "friends" I'm anxious to catch up on how things have been going for everyone.

#150028 - 06/04/08 07:43 PM Re: I'm a Mom-n-law! [Re: Q_ball]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
That saying about marrying a family is true. All the better that you get along so well with the MIL. I just love my oldest son's family. We have so much in common. And what is really a riout is that my DIL's Dad and my son't father look so much alike; ... like brothers! I'm so glad you are back joining in our Chit-Chat. You always have something interesting and fun to say.
In case you haven't noticed, I changed my name fromHannelore to Edelweiss.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved