The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 76 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#119023 - 05/19/07 05:08 PM Good News
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
I'm happy to report that my addict son is doing incredible.
He has been in treatment for over a month now and believes he will make it this time. I spoke with him for over and hour last night. (He's six hours away)
He sounds so mature, so calm and very aware of himself and his addiction issues. He is even leading some of the meetings.
I just want to thank everyone for your prayers. Prayer works but sometimes it takes it's own time before we see the results.
I'm hopeful, not unrealistic, I realize many addicts relapse and he has been there many times before.
He sounds different this time, even admitted that he is scared to leave. That is a good sign as he has never even thought about that before. He has also quit smoking, his last addiction and a major one. He realizes he has to quit everything in order to get well.
Thank God he goes to a supportive living situation for nine months after treatment.
Kate

#119024 - 05/19/07 05:20 PM Re: Good News [Re: katebcca]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
kate, what wonderful news! Do you think it is possible for your son to continue to lead the meetings? Wouldn't it be great if he could travel to schools and talk to the students about addiction? Just a thought...

#119025 - 05/20/07 10:11 PM Re: Good News [Re: chickadee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chick, I was thinking along the same lines. This could be his calling and it would keep him clean.

Kate, thanks for sharing the good news. It's refreshing to hear that his hard work is paying off. I'm happy to hear that he will be in a supportive living environment for nine months following treatment. I thnk the best thing is for addicts to be removed from the environment where they abused. Three cheers for you too. You've been instrumental in leading him on this path. I bet you're sleeping better at night!

#119026 - 05/20/07 11:15 PM Re: Good News
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Kate, thank the Lord. I wish I would just hear from my youngest son to know if he ever got off the drugs. I have been thinking of him a lot lately and wondering. He would be 40 years old now, and I will not have seen him for 13 years this coming June.

Edited by chatty lady (05/20/07 11:16 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#119027 - 05/21/07 02:10 AM Re: Good News [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Kate, after accompanying you along your painful road with your son, this is truly a light at the end of the tunnel. That does make sense for him to have to quit smoking as well. He has to get rid of all the poisons in his body to start a new.

Chatty, do you think you are ready now to try to find your son? What about his brother? Does he want to find him?

#119028 - 05/21/07 12:58 PM Re: Good News [Re: Edelweiss]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Kate, him being afraid to leave is a very good sign. My daughter has been sober over a year and is still in fear of drinking again. It keeps her clean. This is great news.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#119029 - 05/22/07 12:58 AM Re: Good News [Re: Dianne]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Yea Kate! Just keep taking care of you. :-))
I saw my son yesterday at Delancey St. in SF. He's doing really well -- clean and sober well over a year and counting. He's got to stay there at least one more year and will probably stay a year after that. That way he'll get a certificate that will allow him to counsel and be able to take some college classes as well.

It's a good think to see these young men and women making new lives for themselves. I pray for that for your son, Kate.

#119030 - 05/22/07 05:53 PM Re: Good News [Re: Casey]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
Thanks for the support everyone. Chatty I can imagine what you are going through. It's a painful journey. I hope one day soon you will both find away back to each other. It's a long road when dealing with our kids who abuse substances. I have my eyes open and realize that it can go either way, but am encouraged at the same time and happy for him that he is doing well at least for now.
Keep praying, and I will for sure pray that you and your son will be reunited. While you are thinking of him, I'm sure he is thinking of you too.
Kate

#119031 - 05/23/07 02:06 PM Re: Good News [Re: katebcca]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Good news to hear about all these kids who are getting their lives together. Sometimes the teens and 20 somethings are tough. It's great when kids can switch gears and feel liek their life is worth living again. I know it takes lots of prayers and patience from parents though.

Hannelore, I was thinking the very same thing aboaut chatty being ready to search. What do you think chats?

#119032 - 05/24/07 09:05 PM Re: Good News
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
That's wonderful, Kate. Sounds like he's on the right path.
Laurel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved