The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#113309 - 04/01/07 02:03 AM Gatoraid drink in children's hands
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Was at the market last week. Beside our table while we were having our snack was a family. Father looked pretty fit, wife fine and children were around 8 and 5. The 8 yr. was stocky, easily could get fatter...and he was clutching a gatoraid bottle that was 1/2 full.

Why would any parent think of giving a child a Gatoraid bottle to drink? That stuff isn't even necessarily healthy often for big time adults. I know even athletes undertaking moderate exercise don't drink that stuff.

#113310 - 04/01/07 08:38 AM Re: Gatoraid drink in children's hands [Re: orchid]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Orchid, I love Gatorade. Its yummy and here in FL we sweat a lot. Gatorade replenishes the electrolytes we loose and some of the minerals that get flushed from our bodies.

It has no carbs and not many calories. Its low in sugar and high in sodium. It could always be worse. We could drink Kool Aid which has no redeeming qualities.

Juice is loaded with sugar and water has so much chlorine and who knows what else. Milk is filled with growth hormones, coffee and colas have caffiene and chemicals. Tea is great but who wants to give their kids caffiene??

So its not so bad and it quenches your thirst. I prefer the fruit flavored water drinks but so many other things are out there to kill us, Gatorade ain't all that bad. (My opinion)

#113311 - 04/01/07 08:38 AM Re: Gatoraid drink in children's hands [Re: NewLeaf]
NewLeaf Offline

The kids are probably fat from eating too much white rice and macaroni and cheese. That stuff will kill ya. lol

#113312 - 04/01/07 08:12 PM Re: Gatoraid drink in children's hands [Re: NewLeaf]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
We all need to drink more water! That is definitely one of the healthiest trends the younger generation has embraced. Me? I'm still drinking too much diet soda. YUK!

Edited by Dotsie (04/01/07 08:13 PM)

#113313 - 04/02/07 01:42 AM Re: Gatoraid drink in children's hands
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:

We all need to drink more water! That is definitely one of the healthiest trends the younger generation has embraced. Me? I'm still drinking too much diet soda. YUK!

Really, I haven't noticed many kids drinking bottled water..except maybe if they work out. Seem to see many nursing their coke/pepsi bottles or drinking coffee. (I'm guilty on the last one.)

I have a confession, I don't enjoy drinking lots of water. Find taste of water boring. So it's lots of tea and coffee for me. Yes, they are diuretics,..yes bad...

#113315 - 04/02/07 02:08 PM Re: Gatoraid drink in children's hands [Re: ]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
I've heard of the Cocaine drink, Speakermom. I even saw a vehicle wrapped with an advertisement for it the other day. I know we have freedom of speech, but I don't think that should be allowed.

Laurel

#113316 - 04/02/07 03:20 PM Re: Gatoraid drink in children's hands [Re: Laurel]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
That disgusts me!

orchid, here in the states, drinking bottled water has become a fad. You will even find bottled water in the soda type machines. When we have parties, instead of just buying sodas, we also buy waters and that's what the kids are drinking.

#113317 - 04/03/07 01:39 AM Re: Gatoraid drink in children's hands
NewLeaf Offline

Please tell me you're joking!!! I hate that. Drugs have almost ruined my life with my youngest and other friends and friends of friends..

How can they get by with that?? I will protest.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved