The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 91 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#98023 - 12/06/06 12:07 AM A Proud Moment
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
If you think you can stand one more baby shower picture, here's a link I'm so proud of. The hotel where we had my daughter's baby shower posted a picture of the two of us and an email I sent them on their blog. I emailed them later and told them I was going to share it with my friends and post it on this forum and send it around the world.

http://hawthornehotel.blogspot.com/2006/12/baby-shower-in-sophias.html

#98024 - 12/06/06 03:57 AM Re: A Proud Moment [Re: Louisa]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Louisa...wow...your daughter looks like she's ready to pop...when is the baby due? Looks like she got a lot of presents...congratulations Grandma...keep up posted.

#98025 - 12/06/06 07:00 AM Re: A Proud Moment [Re: Dee]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Your daughter blooms, Louisa! And so do you. A lovely and warm photo. I have also noted from a previous post that the crib has a pink layette. Hmmm...a baby girl? Let us know as soon as the little one is born. A terribly exciting day to look forward to. In the meantime, carry on shopping!

#98026 - 12/06/06 12:17 PM Re: A Proud Moment [Re: Lola]
Louisa Offline

Dee, the baby isn't due until the end of January. Yes, Lola, it's a girl. Lat night she had a 3D ultrasound. Has anyone ever seen one of these? It is so unbelievable! They put it on a DVD so she brought it to me to look at. I could really see the baby's face and her little arms were waving. We could see that she has dark hair and it looks like lots of it. This technology blows my mind.

Louisa

#98027 - 12/06/06 01:43 PM Re: A Proud Moment [Re: Louisa]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Louisa, the ultrasound picture is really amazing, and our grandchild looked just like it when she was born...only in color.
Wow, fancy babyshower! I had to enlarge the picture to see who is who...you look like sisters! By the way, I love the jacket you have on. Very pretty.

#98028 - 12/06/06 04:53 PM Re: A Proud Moment [Re: Edelweiss]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
wow i ahve only seen the 3d deminstrated on TV programes i didn'think they were ready for the general public, thats amazine. The normal scanes exiting enough but thats gotta be waaay far better.

A baby shower, from movies isen't that a party to welcom a new arrival before it's arrived i think thats what it is anyway so just cheeking. You both looked really well and happy in the photo hop everything is ok for late january and i am sure you let everyone know. .......

Celtic_flame

#98029 - 12/06/06 05:30 PM Re: A Proud Moment [Re: celtic_flame]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Louisa,
Your daughter is beautiful, just like Mom. Now if you can, how's bout having it on January 14th?

#98030 - 12/06/06 10:28 PM Re: A Proud Moment [Re: jawjaw]
Louisa Offline

Thank you Hannelore and JJ. What do you mean, if I can? I'm not having a baby. Do grandmother's have a say in the "when" part? Yes, Celtic, that is what a baby shower is. Years ago, some of us, didn't believe in showers. Had to do with superstition. But, these days, they usually do throw the mother to be a shower before the baby is born. The little one needs so many things and they are all so expensive. They do the 3D ultrasounds here, but they are not covered by insurance (not hers anyway). She had to pay for it. Since the baby didn't feel like having her picture taken, it didn't come out as clear as it could have. But they put it on a DVD and I saw it on my pc. I could see her face and she was waving her little hands. Hannelore, you say they look just like that? Isn't it amazing?

Louisa

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved