The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 113 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#4962 - 12/07/05 10:53 PM Delinquent Child Support Payments in Ohio
ladybug Offline

The state of Ohio claims to collect more child support than any other state. Why?

The state of Ohio takes away the driver's license of any parent who commits child neglect by refusing to pay child support.

Apparently some men go to great lengths to avoid paying their child support. Some men quit working, others get paid "under the table" and some become job hoppers. These last-mentioned characters quit their jobs and move on as soon as the support bureau catches up to them.

The list of scams men use to avoid paying child support is endless so I'm glad to see Ohio, at least finally has a system that seems to be working. What do you think?

#4963 - 12/07/05 11:41 PM Re: Delinquent Child Support Payments in Ohio
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
I agree, in British Columbia where I live my ex did all mentioned in your email ladybug. The worst was when he was self employed, hid income but his tax forms stated he made over 100,000 but he claimed it was all expenses for the business and acutally got the child support order based on 21,000. (after expenses) Judges....I just shake my head.
We have a gov't body up here that you can apply to and they try to collect for you. It takes years but after they have exhausted every avenue they can take away the licence and now after 6 years of this they can also put him in jail. Needless to say he has paid every month for the last year. He has seven days after the date he is to pay me or he goes to jail for a week. Tough but funny how they listen up. I have three kids and I put it to him that if I decided to not pay for food, shelter etc. my kids would be taken away from me. He doesn't get it though but at least he's paying.
Kate

#4964 - 12/07/05 11:48 PM Re: Delinquent Child Support Payments in Ohio
ladybug Offline

I'm glad to hear that. As a former auditor with our Internal Revenue Service I couldn't get over how many men weren't paying child support as they were ordered too. I use to make an extra effort to find these bums. Unfortunately I couldn't tell the ex-wife where they were but I'd go after their tax return and audit them. It then sometimes, legally opened up their whereabouts to the ex-spouse.

[ December 07, 2005, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]

#4965 - 12/08/05 05:16 AM Re: Delinquent Child Support Payments in Ohio
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
What do I think? You sure you want to know?
Some child support is way too high. gee, dad gets to live in a cardboard box so mom and the *kiddies* and the new SO can live in a nice house. (so sue me)

Not always, but it happens and happens often.

So, let's take away dad's license so he can't get to work - gee, that's smart. Now he has NO money. 100% of zero is zero last I looked and he really can't pay and really gets behind.

My SSB Ex doesn't pay me one dime. And I'm glad if it keeps him the heck away from me. Keep your money, stick it in your ear and stay away. What a bargain.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Don't like it? lalalalala:::I can't hear you:::::lalalala(Can you tell I have a mad - on today? LOL!)

#4966 - 12/08/05 05:57 AM Re: Delinquent Child Support Payments in Ohio
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Unique...I'm with ya girl. Had 4 kids with my first husband, was so glad to just be out and away... I never filed for one penny of child support. He would have thought that an open invitation to show up any time, and dictate what ever he thought should happen....no way. I would have worked 3 jobs, just to keep him out of the picture.

Here's a sad story.

My brother married this girl from a family of 14 sisters and brothers...dirt poor never had a pot to p--- in, well you know.
Three years ago she files for divorce. He sells the house gives her half, pays the non-support for both kids, even though they live with him.
Divides his 401 plan...everything 50/50, all this so she can live across town with her new boyfriend.
Last summer, if my brother was 5 minutes late (from his workplace) in picking the children up
she was able to charge $250.00 for each 5 minutes late. Told him she and the new boyfriend had a life and he needed to be on time, so they could meet their dinner reservations and such. Her new boyfriend is close friends with a judge in town.
My brother called last week to tell me she never paid the fine for the 401 early withdrawal, (her half) so now the IRS is charging him the $4000.00 dollars. His child support is near $1000.00 dollars each month. Kids are always with him, except for when he travels for work.
Now, he is without Christmas money...so no gifts from dad.
Wrong...I mailed a check today.
Some of these women just need to do the right thing. Treat others the way they want to be treated.

My brother is such a loving dad...he was also a loving husband, and never saw the divorce coming. Last year he faced cancer alone. Didn't tell me until all traces of cancer was treated. Please say a prayer for a healthy peaceful loving Christmas for him and his children, he truly is deserving.

And...that's my story.

[ December 07, 2005, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: yepthatsme2 ]

#4967 - 12/08/05 06:41 AM Re: Delinquent Child Support Payments in Ohio
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Yep, your brother sounds like the kind of man any woman should treasure and any kid would be blessed to call "Dad".
And you are a good sister and aunt for helping him out with Christmas!

#4968 - 12/08/05 11:58 AM Re: Delinquent Child Support Payments in Ohio
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
If there is one thing for sure.....there are no two stories alike. Sometimes the women are unfair, sometimes the men. In my case my husband was making money, hiding it from me and I had three children and was not able to buy food let alone Christmas presents. Two were under three and I had to pay for daycare, no help from him. My money from working ran out in the middle of the month. Thank God for people who give to Christmas Hampers ( I do every year now)
It all depends on the circumstances. If the guy is trying and just doesn't have the money then that's one thing, but when your husband is buying his girlfriend expensive clothes and taking home 5,000 a month and not paying child support then a womans gotta do what a womens gotta do. I asked for no spousal support and I could have got it, but just wanted my kids to have what they needed.
If two people make a baby then they are both responsible to pay their share. I do know that there are wives who spend the child support on themselves and their boyfriends too. Each case should be looked at depending on the circumstances. I'm all for being fair though. And they don't take their licenses away right away. It takes a long time of their not paying to get to that point. They give them lots of chances to come up with a plan. It took five years to get to that point with my ex. That's definately more than fair. This is a touchy subject for sure.
Kate

#4969 - 12/08/05 05:03 PM Re: Delinquent Child Support Payments in Ohio
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Agree. Each case is unique. I wish every woman would play the 'what if' game with herself before she marries or has kids. No one plans to get divorced; no one plans on marrying an a******. But it happens. And you might have to support yourself AND your kids. Wish they'd all think twice.

#4970 - 12/08/05 06:22 PM Re: Delinquent Child Support Payments in Ohio
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
This happened to me as well. I won't go into the details, but suffice to say the children are the ones who suffer. We are survivors and will do whatever it takes to hold our family together, but ultimately, the children are the ones who loose. I have no respect for ANYONE that doesn't support their children. None.

JJ

#4971 - 12/08/05 07:06 PM Re: Delinquent Child Support Payments in Ohio
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
yep, you are a generous soul to give those kids a Christmas. I will pray for your brother. He sounds like such a great guy. It must run inthe family.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved