The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#4506 - 07/01/05 05:46 AM Helping precious sick kids...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Today i saw a program about the sick children that are in St. Judes Hospital and they showed some of these little angels not even one years old and you heard from the mothers that have to hear their cries and watch them in constant pain. I cried so hard it nearly made me ill. I will never understand why these babies have to suffer and die. I called the 800 number and pledged to help monthly with a $19.00 donation. Its what they were asking for. I am not rich but when I saw these angels I had to do something. I hope some of you might do the same. If we all do a small bit it will add up to so much. No child is ever turned away from St. Judes Hospital...

#4507 - 07/01/05 06:15 PM Re: Helping precious sick kids...
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Chatty, St Jude is a wonderful place and your donation will do so much for these little angels. I support The Spina Bifida association, My niece was born with it over twenty years ago. Every penny helps, in some way.

chick

#4508 - 07/01/05 06:32 PM Re: Helping precious sick kids...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, why children have to suffer is something I intend to ask The Big Guy when I arrive in heaven. It breaks my heart. Good for you for picking up the phone.

#4509 - 07/01/05 06:48 PM Re: Helping precious sick kids...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Bless your kind and giving heart, Chatty.

#4510 - 07/02/05 01:15 AM Re: Helping precious sick kids...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Please don't thank me, I wish I could do so much more,,,this is a subjet that makes me doubt my faith at times especially when you hear about babies like little Brady, Jaw jaws grandson. There is no reasin anyone can give me for the suffering of children .... I posted this in hopes of getting a few more women with "healthy" children and grandchildren like mine, to give too....we are the lucky ones....

#4511 - 07/13/05 05:09 AM Re: Helping precious sick kids...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I find it strange that with all the mothers and grandmothers in here that this post has been practically ignored. These pitiful little children need all the help we can provide, even $5.00 a month would be helpful...When I sit down in my comfortable home to have a meal or watch a favorite TV show or visit with my friends I think of those babies stuck in a hospital suffering pain and going through proceedures. I know what I have pledged to give each month is nothing, not near enough but I pray it will help one of them get well and be able to go home to their family and play again, enjoy life... [Frown]

#4512 - 07/13/05 08:38 AM Re: Helping precious sick kids...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Chatty, don't underestimate us, girlfriend. I have, and always will, pledge a certain amount A MONTH to St. Jude's. I also have a certain amount sent out of my check each month to the Children's Advocacy Center here in town. I care, but I didn't even see the post until tonight. So many times they get buried.

Remember, just because we're silent, doesn't mean we're not hearing your sweet, caring words and taking heed. God save the children!

JJ

#4513 - 07/14/05 01:57 AM Re: Helping precious sick kids...
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Chatty,

Maybe your post was not ignored but people are doing what they can at your suggestion after reading your post.

It's possible you motivated some women to act but they just did not respond to the post.

Lynn

#4514 - 07/14/05 02:24 AM Re: Helping precious sick kids...
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I think we all have to help out wherever we are led. I like to help out in my own neighborhood as mucha as possible. I contribute to my church of course and several other things, but my favorite is the Agency for Retarded Citizens which offers employment to those with limited intellect and the Hope Center which offers employment and help to the homeless.

I am reluctant to contribute to healthcare systems, even those who proclaim themselves for charity. I have seen their books and how much money many of the administrators and staff physicians are paid and it has made me cynical.

I am also reluctant to contribute to individual transplant funds. I know far more than I want to know about that too.

I guess I'm just more and more cynical. Maybe I'm turning into a crabby old woman.
smile

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved