The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#4472 - 06/24/05 07:33 AM Not sure where this belongs????
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
My first instinct was to place this in prayer requests, but I didn't want to make light of the posts already there.

My second instinct was to place this in a fine whine, but I try not to be too much of a whiner.

Okay, I'll have out with it...

My 15 year-old is finishing up his driver's ed classes today and I think you all know what that means...

Lord HELP me!

#4473 - 06/24/05 07:58 AM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
OMG...Let the anxiety begin...you poor dear. Course, this is coming from a woman who had a wreck on her way HOME from getting her driving license...I ain't lying...its was hard being me....still is.

JJ

#4474 - 06/23/05 08:11 PM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
TV,

teenagers driving is serious stuff! You DO need prayer!

Does he have his own car?

Danita

#4475 - 06/23/05 08:44 PM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
At 15, he's only going to be getting his learner's permit, right? So that means he can only drive with a licensed driver in the passenger seat.

When my children were learning to drive and then when they got their license, we had a drivers' contract that we used.

It stated all the safety issues like using seatbelts and what to do in case of an accident or break down, as well as an agreement that they wouldn't drive in certain neighborhoods (high crime) and wouldn't use the Interstate or Expressway for a certain period of time.

It also included agreements about a driving curfew (we didn't let them drive at night for a while until they got used to the car) as well as no passengers (Friends) in the car for a certain period of time, then adding one friend at a time (after a length of time) until the passengers equaled the number of seat belts. At no time was there to be more people in the car than seatbelts.

Overall, the contract worked out great. In it, we spelled out what the consequences were if any of the agreements were voided. This made it very clear that the car was not a "toy" but a responsibility.

With 2 teenage girls driving in 6 years we only had 1 accident and probably only 2 or 3 times we had to ground one of our daughters from their car. Taking away their car priviledges was one of the best punishments we could ever come up with. It worked better than anything else.

[ June 23, 2005, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Vicki M. Taylor ]

#4476 - 06/23/05 09:30 PM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
TVC15 Offline

JJ, Are you kidding? On the way home? LOL (sorry, it's not funny) LOL (sorry but yes it is...)

Thanks Danita, and no he doesn't own his own yet.

Yes Vicki, he will be getting his permit once he finishes this course. I happen to be the only one he can drive with for the first 6 months. (Lucky me) they do it weird here in NC. I'm dreading this with all of my soul as I've been through this with my oldest and I'm older now (more nervous) In NY you just had to be with a licenced driver, here you have a designated driver, since my hubby hasn't gotten his NC licence yet, it had to be me!
I like the contract idea.

Thanks all for understanding!

#4478 - 06/24/05 01:55 AM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
TVC15 Offline

Thanks Speaker
I can handle the prayers and maybe the practice. It's the patience that I'm worried about! [Roll Eyes]

#4479 - 06/24/05 04:11 AM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
unique Offline

Robin,
I feel for you. I know what the traffic is like where you live. Maybe you ought to move out here by me - it's not so frantic here (yet)
I'll be praying for you. My traffic will be like your traffic by the time my son drives (legally)

#4480 - 06/24/05 04:34 AM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
quote:
Originally posted by jawjaw:
Course, this is coming from a woman who had a wreck on her way HOME from getting her driving license...I ain't lying...its was hard being me....still is.JJ

That's hilarious JJ. I have a friend who ran out of gas while taking her driving test and the test guy loaned her money then walked a mile to get gas for the car. It was 90 degrees that day too. She got her license.
(She swore she didn't sleep with anyone, but...)

I once had to take a Defensive drivng class for getting too many speeding tickets and I got a speeding on my way to the class. I escaped by moving to another state.
smile

[ June 23, 2005, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#4481 - 06/24/05 05:43 AM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Been through two sons with driving permits, ugh! Even worse when they got their licenses, lucked out however, NO wrecks or minor fender benders but I still attribute most of my gray hairs to that period in my life. You have my sympathy!! [Roll Eyes]

#4482 - 06/24/05 04:43 PM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
TVC15 Offline

Unique,
Thanks for the advice but the traffic here has nothing on the traffic in NY, where my oldest learned. (He got his licence in the winter too!) I think NC is getting more and more popular with the northerners and so the entire state will probably have traffic soon!

Smile, LOL, that is too funny!

And Chatty, I know what you mean, I can feel the grays as they enter my scalp!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved