The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 222 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#4267 - 01/16/05 03:50 AM cold cruel world?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
It can be a cold cruel world, but I've always chosen not to focus on that.

Last night reality hit us smack in the face when our son called us from the front of the house and said he was okay, but the police wanted to talk to us.

My sixteen year old son and his friend were robbed one block from our home. [Mad] Four guys with ski masks, hoodies, and two GUNS robbed them of their $20.00, license, credit card, and two skate boards. [Frown] Pathetic, huh?

When I called this morning to see if they had been caught, the officer shared they were still on the run...AND they were the same suspects involved in robberies north and east of us. [Mad]

Every day I pray the Prayer of Jabez for my family. I'm convinced God answered my prayer last night by Keeping His hand on my son and keeping him from evil.

I always wonder what might have happened had I not prayed.

#4268 - 01/16/05 04:00 AM Re: cold cruel world?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Oh my goodness Dotsie. How terrifying. I hope your son and everyone is okay. You must have been frightened half to death.
Praying for the whole family.
smile

#4269 - 01/16/05 04:29 AM Re: cold cruel world?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh Dotsie. My gut was in a knot the whole time I was reading this. It just makes me sick. I am relieved to hear that they are okay, but I can tell you from first hand experience that lot of different feelings and questions run thru your mind when this type of thing happens. Anger...the inability to comprehend shear meanness, fear, especially fear. All of a sudden you start thinking about what COULD have happened and you become afraid of everything around you. Please make sure your son talks about this and gets it out in the open.

For years after I was robbed (while in the house asleep) I couldn't even answered my front door without being afraid. Sometimes I just cannot believe what this world has become. And for 20.00 and some skateboards?

Give the boys a hug from the Queen. I am so happy to hear they are unharmed.

JJ

#4270 - 01/16/05 05:46 AM Re: cold cruel world?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
How awful, I swear none of us is safe anywhere anymore. I feel safer in my home because these little dogs make so much racket and warn me when anyone is around and they I think they can hear a gnat fart,he he!!! I keep a gun on the table next to me when watching TV and another under my pillow. We have had instances not too far from here of two or three men kicking in a front door. I also always keep my porch lights lit, I'll pay the few dollars more on the electric bill. I'm so glad those robbers weren't maniacs that shot first and take what they want. God Bless those boys, I'm glad they are alright. [Big Grin]

#4271 - 01/16/05 06:21 AM Re: cold cruel world?
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Chatty don't worry about your porch light, they only are pennies a day, not anything that would lead to a bigger light bill. I work for the power company [Wink]

#4272 - 01/16/05 09:18 AM Re: cold cruel world?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dotsie, I'm very happy that your son is not physically harmed too. I'll pray that he recovers peacefully. Your nerves are probably rattled more since you know and have heard all of the things that can go wrong during such crime. Your family will be in prayer.

Sheree

#4273 - 01/16/05 10:19 AM Re: cold cruel world?
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I'm so sorry your son had to go through that. It's like being dropped in a vat of ice water. I held my breath as I read your post, and my heart beat a little faster. I have a son, too, and I pray for God's protection over him 24/7 as I know you do for your son. I'm thankful he wasn't hurt - at least physically. You'll need to make sure he keeps talking, I imagine, so he doesn't stress over what could have happened. That's what keeps you up nights. (I speak from having been a victim of a robbery as well.) God bless you, and hug that boy extra tight.

#4274 - 01/16/05 10:20 AM Re: cold cruel world?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
JJ, I understand your fear. I was asleep upstairs on the other end of the house while some guys tricked the burglar alarm, broke into the garage, wrecked my lawn mower upside down in the creek, and stole my SUV.
I slept through the entire thing. The next day when I went to the gargage to get in the car, it was gone. My little Mercedes convertible was still in the garage and I thought, "Gee, I must have parked the SUV outside. I opened the garage door and the car wasn't there. I thought, "Did I come home with someone else last night?" I was clueless. Finally I had to face it. I called the police and they took a report.
I thought it was this guy who had stalked me forever and was almost thankful that maybe I could finally get him in jail. Almost immediately they found the car wrecked and sure enough it was who I thought. He had charged a couple thousand dollars to my credit cards which were in my purse in the car. I could never get him arrested for following me everywhere, breaking into my house and about driving me insane. But when he stole the car, at last they put him away for theft and all the other stuff. Amen!
Dan threatened him and he's slowed down a lot, but he's out now and still calls me long distance thank heaven. It's weird, but I'm no longer afraid. Just think he's an idiot and have a weird moment sometimes.
smile

#4275 - 01/16/05 11:30 PM Re: cold cruel world?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I am amazed that so many of you have had these things happen to you. Dotsie, I pray for your son and his friend to put this behind them.

I came from a little Town called "Hearts Delight", in Canada that lives up to its name.In a town of 856 people who all know each other on a first name basis, practically every family owns a firearm. I had mine and a moose (for food) license to boot. The crime rate is next to nil. Maybe if Joe's brother owes him 20 bucks, Joe might steal his BBQ Grill in the wee hours of the morning.(of course bro would steal it back the next weekend)

Here in Oklahoma I have 2 hand guns, and like Chatty I keep them very close. I don't know what I'd do if I ever had to use one [Frown] .I am afraid to have it under my pillow. How does one do that?

I can't imagine having someone in my house while I'm sleeping, and even worse, I can't imagine waking up while they're there.

I thank God for Buddy(my little Dog) who has a bark like a German Shepherd and will give me a head start at least.

chickadee

#4276 - 01/17/05 01:43 AM Re: cold cruel world?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have read and even written much to much about home invasions and torture murders. I learned years ago from watching Oprah NEVER let any intruder take you to a second location where they feel more comfortable, safer and can take their time with you. I pity the person that ever breaks into this house, I will not hesitate to shot them (many times.) I don't want some creep wounded and years later getting out of prison and coming after me. When its me or him, it ain't gonna be me unless I'm dead...Ladies stay safe, be watchful of your surroundings every minute and trust no one at your door. It's a sad way to live but its the way things are. I also have a .25 under the seat in my car.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved