The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#4158 - 11/26/04 06:46 PM watch out chatty
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Watch out Chatty...my son came home from college and wanted to get in on the cooking action this Thanksgiving. I think he could give you a run for your money. [Wink]

The television is good for one thing... the cooking channel. He watches occasionally.

He made a twelve pound turkey which he soaked in salt water all night, baked at 500 to brown and then lowered the temp. It was the most moist turkey of all three at dinner.

He made artichoke, spinach dressing with garlic, lemon, brie, half and half, and cheese. YUM!

He also made mashed potatoes with garlic, half and half, and tons of gouda cheese. YUM!

Everything he made was so trendy compared to my tried and true recipes. I realized it's fun to step out and try new recipes with different ingredients for a traditional holiday.

You gotta love that food network channel!

#4159 - 11/26/04 07:42 PM Re: watch out chatty
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Chatty, I saw a commercial for people to send in videos to be a 'foodie' or something on the food network I think. Actually I was half awake, but it sounded perfect for you Chatty. You could cook and SING your reicpes and be sexy. You would be a STAR!!
You would be Sooooo good at that. I think you just send in a video. Anyone have better info. Our Chatty would be perfect for it.
smile

#4160 - 11/27/04 01:18 AM Re: watch out chatty
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Smile, I have to admit my favorite channel is the food channel. I love those 30 minute meals and have tried many of them. I'm not sure about the video cooking thingy but do sing when I create, usually. I have't seen what you're talking about but will look for it. What a hoot that would be, singing and slicing sushi or steak!!! Too weird for words. [Eek!]

#4161 - 11/27/04 01:59 AM Re: watch out chatty
smilinize Offline

I hardly ever watch the food channel. It makes me RAVENOUS. But I'm going to try to find that commercial again. There was an online address as I remember. Like I said, I was up in the middle of the night for some reason when I saw it, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't dreaming.

Someone help me out here. This is Chatty's big break. We gotta' get her on there. She would be the best. We can all vote for her then eat up. YUM!!
smile

#4162 - 11/27/04 02:07 AM Re: watch out chatty
smilinize Offline

Okay, looks like I have to do ALL the work around here. But that's okay, I will only expect the usual 50% agent's fee. Right?
Anyway, here's the site. You gotta' do this Chatty. And as soon as you get your stuff in, we're all going to VOTE for you.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/audience_input/article/0,,FOOD_9785_3274202,00.html

GO Chatty!!!
smile

#4163 - 11/27/04 02:35 AM Re: watch out chatty
smilinize Offline

Okay Chatty, I was only kidding about the fee. But could I be a guest taster? Eating is my specialty and I am very good at it.
YUM
smile

#4164 - 11/27/04 03:01 AM Re: watch out chatty
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Smiles hon...you're asking someone here who has one eye on her stove (and don't give a rip) to tell you the name of a cooking show on TV? They have cooking channels? The heck you say! Well, whatda ya know...hm...

I'm going with SMILES on this on Ms C. I think it would be the perfect occupation for you and women across America would LOVE to watch you become an overnight success....

You could be the new CSI - Las Vegas...you know Cooking and Singing In - Las Vegas (CSI) get it?....

JJ

#4165 - 11/27/04 07:44 AM Re: watch out chatty
smilinize Offline

Hey, Now you're thinking JJ. CSI, Las Vegas. I love it. Chatty, come out of that turkey stupor and get on that channel. It's your calling. I just know it. I can't wait.
I'm no cooker, but I will be the Ed McMahan of the cooking show. Yippee. I can't wait. And I work for cheesy grapes and brownies.
smile

#4166 - 11/28/04 03:45 PM Re: watch out chatty
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, have you been to the site? You have to check it out. I'm with smiles. We need to get someone to do a video of you in the kitchen. YOu'll be a shoo-in if you add that you cook for elderly women neighbors and give food gifts to family and friends at Christmas.

Do you think your son or ex will film you. You could sing some too!

Come on chatty. This is your calling. [Big Grin]

#4167 - 11/28/04 04:06 PM Re: watch out chatty
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Chatty! Get serious with this idea. It's tailor-made for you sugar-pie hunny bunch (pun intended). Start small...go to your local TV station and pitch the idea. The Singing Chef...

I love it!

JJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved