The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 115 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#4049 - 07/06/04 02:53 AM Miscarriage?
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
In my early twenties I miscarried my first pregnancy at 12 weeks. It was a baptism of fire into the world of women's repoductive medicine. I spent a night in a hospital ward with older women who told stories of their births, abortions and miscarriages...no one slept a wink. All these years later I still think of it - anyone else have memories like this they want to share?

#4050 - 07/06/04 06:33 PM Re: Miscarriage?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Julie, sorry to hear of your loss.

I went through four years of infertility and was always grateful that I never got pregnant and miscarried. I don't know how I could have managed that. Not getting pregnant was enough to bare. I felt sorry for the women I met in infertility offices who got pregnant and couldn't carry full-term. What a heartache.

#4051 - 07/07/04 12:43 AM Re: Miscarriage?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Julie, have you since had children? Sorry that happened to you at such a sensitive time in your life, your first pregnancy.Some of us never realize how fortunate we are.

#4052 - 07/07/04 03:08 AM Re: Miscarriage?
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Julie,

My first pregnancy ended in a still birth at 7 months. I have always regretted not seeing my precious daughter, even if she would have looked bad. My mother saw her, told me she had red hair, and not till years later did I learn how deteriorated her body was. She had been dead for exactly 1 week before delivery.

I have an adopted son that would have been just 5 months younger then Casandra would have been, and a son that was born to me 3 years later.

I love them both, and know now that my daughter is one of my guardian angels. I picture her on one fender of my car when I am traveling. She's my angel, would have been 34 by now.

Anyway, that's my story.

Sherri

#4053 - 07/07/04 12:45 PM Re: Miscarriage?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

herri, we share having both adopted and biological children. [Wink]

Our first two are adopted from Korea and only 2 years apart. I became pregnant while waiting for our daughter to arrive. The younger two are only 10 onths apart. When people hear that they say,"Irish twins?" And I say, "No,nothing like it!" [Wink]

Obviously they look very different. When they were little and I had the two youngest in a double stroller people would assume they were twins...LOOK AGAIN!

#4054 - 07/07/04 09:21 PM Re: Miscarriage?
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
That is too funny Dotsie! I used to have people ask me which is my "real" son. I told them in no uncertain terms, they both are! Also, our kids are fond of telling other people, "there are no steps in our family, except for the ones that go upstairs!"

I love them all, and make no differences between, his or mine, they are ours and I love them all and the little ones they have given me to enjoy!

Sherri

#4055 - 07/14/04 11:16 PM Re: Miscarriage?
hearmeroar Offline

I had two miscarraiges - one at 5 1/2 months and one at 4 1/2 months. We already had one beautiful daughter. We went to the zoo both times. I have no idea why. On the second trip to the zoo, they were filming a commercial and came straight at me smiling with the cameras wanting to know how the happy family was enjoying the zoo. I had mascara trickling down my face from the tears and my nose was bright red. Needless to say, they didn't use that film, but it was funny to us. God gives us humor in difficult times. We now have another beautiful daughter and are considering adoption (even though I am still Fertile Myrtle.)

#4056 - 07/15/04 04:25 AM Re: Miscarriage?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

hearme, there are many women in here with adopted children and a couple who were also adopted. Please feel free to ask questions as you consider adopting. [Wink]

Sorry to hear about the miscarriages at such a late date. [Wink]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved