The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 195 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#4008 - 06/06/04 08:22 AM Back from adoption trip -- bad news
garrie keyman Offline

Loc: Lititz, PA
Well, we are back. For those who want to know how it went ... not well.

However, today I spent about 6 hours trying to put our experiences and disappointment into words by writing an article and I don't think I've the wit nor strength to get into it all over again.

So, I'll try to post the link instead, so that those who want to know can go read what I've already written. If the link fails, go to www.LititzPa.com and scroll down the homepage to the article link titled:

Odeen Velyke Pyvo and an Unexpected Pause in Paris.

http://www.lititzpa.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=212&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

-- garrie

#4009 - 06/06/04 09:58 PM Re: Back from adoption trip -- bad news
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Garrie,
I am so sorry for your plight. Your story is interesting and I am glad you wrote it. While reading it all I could think was thank goodness in our country we have freedom.
Its a great warning to other people who want to adopt and I hope they heed your warnings.
Maggie

#4010 - 06/06/04 11:09 PM Re: Back from adoption trip -- bad news
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Garrie you write a very articulate and commanding story. I would leave no stone unturned in the community of foreign adoptions to discredit this organization. Not only are they playing with your money but also with your emotions and the lives of these poor children. One person CAN make a difference, our state department should be made aware of these thieves. I am so sorry for your heartbreak and can read it between the lines. Personally heartbreak and disappointment make me vindictive as hell and if you feel the same way, go get these bastards. They can't use helpless chldren to cheat Americans. God Bless you and your family....

#4011 - 06/07/04 05:13 PM Re: Back from adoption trip -- bad news
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Oh my Garrie,

Keep talking. You are not first time adoptive parents and if thiis can happent o the "savy" then it is tuly a sham.

I am so sorry for you and your family. To come home with empty arms is undescribable. Been there.
Please don't ever be quiet about your expereince. People need to share so that others learn.

Lynn

#4012 - 06/08/04 07:56 AM Re: Back from adoption trip -- bad news
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Garrie, I read your article with great interest and sadness for your loss and the loss of two sweet children who should have had a home. As a parent of 2 foreign adopted children my heart aches for you.

I'm thrilled with the article you wrote. You need to do Google searches and scatter it all over the web to adoption sites. There is no way this should be allowed to happen. [Mad] It just goes to show that childless parents will do ANYTHING to have a family.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers. May God fill your emptiness with a wholeness that feels perfect and peaceful for this period of time in your life.

#4013 - 06/08/04 08:03 AM Re: Back from adoption trip -- bad news
garrie keyman Offline

Thanks you Maggie, Chatty, Dotsie & Lynn for your thoughts and encouragement. I'm going to try to continue to spread the word on this organization. Unfortunately this may mean forfeiting the huge sum they owe us since I refuse to sign a gag order to get our already contractually-agreed upon refund.

My entitlement to the Bill of Rights and to free speech doesn't get sold to the highest bidder. Period.

Besides, a legitimate business wouldn't want to shut up dissatisfied customers. They'd want to satisfy you so instead you'd become their advocate. Their attempt to extort my silence via having to sign a gag order to get a refund has lit a fire under me!

I even wrote to NPR. They said they're already in the middle of doin' some story on Int'l adoption so it was interesting I happened to write (though they didn't tell me their current angle/story) -- and that they'll be in touch. How about that.

--- garrie

#4014 - 06/08/04 08:36 AM Re: Back from adoption trip -- bad news
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
Maybe...you are the right person for this to have happened to, with the energy and skills to tell the story far and wide...and in so doing create more good in the world than if your adoption had preceeded as planned...?

I feel sorry for the rest of your family who must also have been looking forward to the new members arriving. Has it been a difficult explaining such a complex problem to them?

#4015 - 06/08/04 08:07 PM Re: Back from adoption trip -- bad news
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Garrie, you are articulate with a passion. I believe this happened to you for a reason. Perhaps everyone else who has given in to the system wasn't able to make the changes you are capable of. I believe all things happen for a reason. [Wink]

#4016 - 06/08/04 08:18 PM Re: Back from adoption trip -- bad news
garrie keyman Offline

Sometimes I'd like to believe that way, too, but there are too many nasty things that take place in the world for me to believe it all happens for a specific reason.

Right now what I see is that two little girls who were very close to getting a home are still sitting in an orphanage in Eastern Europe and one family is out a whoppin' lot of dough that would enable them to at least consider adopting some child somewhere if they could get an unscrupulous firm to return the $14,400 it owes them. We mortgaged our home to get that money.

What I'd really like to do is start a letter-writing campaign and get as many hundreds or thousands of people to flood YunonaUSA's inbox with polite but verbal insistance that we get our money back.

I guess I envision them as the playground bully that took our lunch money and most bullys cave to numbers.

But mostly I can't forget Vika and Karolina.

#4017 - 06/09/04 06:18 PM Re: Back from adoption trip -- bad news
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Garrie, I have to share a teeny piece of my life that was short lived, but it's what opens my heart to you during your grief.

Our Korean adopted son was about 2 when we recieved a picture of our precious infant daughter whom we named Jessica. Just like when we received Matt's first picture, we made copies and carried it EVERYWHERE showing her to EVERYONE!

Shortly thereafter I became pregnant [Eek!] [Big Grin] . The deal with the agency was if you got pregnant during the process...no baby. [Frown]

For a few days until I got the nerve to call our social worker and share our awesome news, we were afraid that we would lose Jess. We were scheming ways to convince the agency we were capable of caring for 3 children.

Fortunately when I called our social worker she was happy for us and approved the continuation of our adoption process. [Big Grin]

For those few days I couldn't imagine life without Jess and we didn't even have her yet. It's amazing how you attach to a child through a photo. I'm sure not everyone realizes this.

Again, I'm sorry for your losses. Take time to grieve with your family. [Wink]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved