The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 202 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#3974 - 05/04/04 05:05 PM winding down
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I love this time of year when the school assignments are becoming less intense, the sun is shining, and the air seems lighter in the house.

We are beginning to think Summer. It's a little early, but definitely on the way. You can tell it in the kid's spirits. A little less focused on work and more on having fun. [Big Grin]

I like it. Does the atmoshpere change at your house this time of year? Does it has to do with the school year nearing an end, or weather?

#3975 - 05/04/04 10:32 PM Re: winding down
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Ours is the weather but it seems like everything lightens up in the spring. Today its raining but we've had four gorgeous days 65-80 degrees. No one is complaining today. Its enough to water the garden that my husband has taken over. Its fun to watch. I do pull weeds once in a while and help out. Am taking pictures and will make a little scrapbook for him.
Maggie

#3976 - 05/05/04 02:21 AM Re: winding down
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I don't know if I'm getting that free wheeling feeling. The battle lines are being drawn as I keep nagging my son to get started on filling out some job applications. He's never had a job before and seems to think it won't be that hard to find just the right job that he wants, which is being a framer for an art store.

Reality check!

#3977 - 05/05/04 04:52 PM Re: winding down
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Agate, teens and summer jobs. I have 3 working at that.

My oldest has a one day internship and is trying to get a full time job, but he has 3 different periods of 5 days when he can't work.

My daughter's job just rolls over to the summer. [Big Grin]

And the youngest wants to work, but needs to take drivers ed and also has 3 periods of 5 days that he can't work.

What is the perfect summer job? [Roll Eyes]

#3978 - 05/07/04 04:47 AM Re: winding down
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
The perfect summer job would be one where you are working with your friends and can spend most of your time socializing. I've always thought working at a coffee shop would be great. All the coffee you can drink and it's got to be just like the place on "Friends." Or a job at a clothing store where you can get a discount and know when something you like is going to go on sale. Better yet, a job at a book store. Ooooohhhh...

#3979 - 05/07/04 01:43 PM Re: winding down
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I wonder what we all did as our first paid summer jobs. My first summer job was working in the fields rented by truck farmers from my granny.

All the teenagers in the area loaded watermelon into trucks all summer. It miserably hot and exhausting work, but so much fun. We ate watermelon and danced to rock and roll from the truck radios during lunch hours. After work we went swimming in the river. We were as strong as horses and as brown as toast by summers end.

Later I worked as a secretary in a tile shop and at a five and ten cent store ("five and ten cent store", boy is that a flash back)
smile

#3980 - 05/07/04 01:53 PM Re: winding down
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Skating rink. I will never forget my time spent there either. I took my money each week and would put some outfit on lay-a-way, and then the following week after I got paid, I got it out. I only made 12.00/weekend. Can you imagine? But you know what? You could get a pretty darn good outfit for around 20.00 back in the dark ages...and yes, for all those smarty pants out there, we did have TV and cars back then...hmp!

#3981 - 05/07/04 04:24 PM Re: winding down
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Smile, great topic. I think we should move this out and have it's own post so everyone can see the topic. I'm goign to do that. Do you mind telling about your first job again in that forum?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved