The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#216902 - 04/07/12 02:12 PM Awesome painter...
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Good grief! I just read where Artist Thomas Kinkade passed away at age 54. I love his paintings! Lights in the windows look so warm and welcoming to me. I've always wondered why someone hadn't come up with this concept before! R.I.P. Thomas Kinkade!

#216910 - 04/08/12 01:21 PM Re: Awesome painter... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

This is according to the LA Times; they report he was a devout Christian and often spoke of God's influence in his work.
I'm huge fan of Thom's talents. Any of you feel the same?

Perhaps some of U feel like the critics and think he wasn't very innovative. I think lights in the windows took imagination. Of course, he ran assembly line prints and made a fortune. But how can anyone fault him for that? If there's a demand, you fill it! Am I wrong?

#216914 - 04/09/12 05:01 AM Re: Awesome painter... [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Jabber, I'd say Thomas Kincaide figured out a way to make a good living from his art work, and not too many artists can say that. He had a unique style, and if a lot of people weren't intrigued with it, he wouldn't have been able to sell so many prints.

I'm sad to hear he's died, and flabbergasted to hear how you he was. Thanks for bringing his death to our attention.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216916 - 04/09/12 01:30 PM Re: Awesome painter... [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

I know. Me too. And the Time's reported he died of natural causes, but what those were nobody knows. Mike Wallace died too. But at age 93, he had a full, exciting life. This man had a bout with depression and nobody spoke lesser of him. Many well-educated people seem to associate depression with diminished
brain functioning. IMHO that's unfair. Sensative people get depressed. That doesn't mean they're not as smart as anyone else!!!

#217346 - 06/13/12 11:14 PM Re: Awesome painter... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Saw a news report where Kincaide's mistress is suing for
part of his estate, which is in the millions.

#217354 - 06/14/12 05:42 PM Re: Awesome painter... [Re: jabber]
Ellemm Offline

All was not well in his world, sadly. He was an alcoholic and died from a probably accidental combination of alcohol and Valium. Plus, there's the girlfriend and estranged wife thing and now a court fight. Not at all like the paintings, is it? It's a shame.

#217355 - 06/14/12 06:33 PM Re: Awesome painter... [Re: Ellemm]
Boomer in Chief

Is there some connection between creativity and alcoholism? It seems so many artists I've personally known over the years are alcoholics. And now you tell me this was a problem with HIM too...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#217357 - 06/14/12 10:52 PM Re: Awesome painter... [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Don't know, Anne. I know creative people who do not consume any
alcohol. And I've known alcoholics who have zero creativity.
At least if they have it, they don't develop or use it. Guess anyone who believes in God, believes every human has a certain amount of God-given creativity. It saddens me to think people don't cherish life with more passion and zest. The older I get, the more life looks so awesome and each day becomes such a treasure! Wish everybody felt that way!

#217361 - 06/15/12 03:07 AM Re: Awesome painter... [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Maybe your mission in life is to help people learn to treasure their days and appreciate/savor life the way you do.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#217364 - 06/15/12 10:57 PM Re: Awesome painter... [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Now there's food for thought, dear friend!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved