The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 173 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#135453 - 12/20/07 02:59 PM Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profession
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Often at BWS, we talk about what we can do to live healthier, happier and more joyful lives. During the past few weeks, I've been journaling about personal, spiritual and professional goals. I thought it might be fun if we shared some thoughts about this. Are you in?

I'll begin with spiritual, just because that's what I was focusing on this morning.

- I will continue to do my morning devotional time.
- I'll stay in touch with my prayer group via email since our schedules have changed and we can't always meet.
- I am signing up for my weekly class at www.wellforjourney.com
- I am signing up for a one time weekly retreat The Well is offering.
- I have a favorite author whom I met in person. His name is Joseph Girzone. He wrote the Joshua series. When I'm finished with the studies I am working on now, I will begin with his first book and read everyone he's written in that series, in the order in which he wrote them. This is a major goal because I love to read so much, fiction too, and this will keep me from reading some of the fun fiction I enjoy, but it will be good for me and everyone else in my life. His work is life changing. I've read many, but missed some along the way.

After a few more posts, I'll share some of my other goals. I am thinking of these as goals and not resolutions. Resolutions scare me.

How are you going to be a better midlife woman and live life with passion in 2008?

Want to share?

Edited by Dotsie (12/20/07 07:23 PM)

#135454 - 12/20/07 06:42 PM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profession
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I love fresh starts.
I plan to take care of myself spiritually again...like I used to.
I plan to live a healthier lifestyle in lots of ways.
I plan to stand up for myself...finally.
I plan to be my own best friend and start taking care of myself so much better. No one can take care of me like I can!
And last....but maybe it should be first.....I plan to make some decisions as far as work and business early on in the year.

#135455 - 12/20/07 07:38 PM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profession [Re: ladyjane]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
I love taking time for myself in the mornings when I am all alone.
I plan on getting back to reading the devotions and then an inspirational book after breakfast.
I am finally getting my new publishing company finalized in 2008.
I am returning to healthier eating, exercising and having some fun along the way.
I am going to take some time just for myself and hubby.

Dotsie I have read the Joshua books and they are the best. I absolutely love Joseph Girzones works. Enjoy them all, I have and continue to search the bookstores for his works.

Sandpiper
www.tidedancer.com

#135456 - 12/21/07 12:42 AM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profession [Re: Sandpiper]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have decided to reach out more and touch those I love...

I want to do more for animals and seniors, like before...

I will take better care of me, and stop procrastinating about my own health...

I may finally take some computer classes...

I believe I am alright with God and plan to stay that way...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#135457 - 12/21/07 04:52 PM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profes
HelenGallagher Offline

Loc: Glenview, Illinois
Nothing motivates me more than Goal discussions. Maybe its the competitive spirit, making people want to join in with others and plan for the new year, or worry about stagnating.

But to me, goals are also a way to assess the past year, our happiness, and recognize we can change things that are within our power. As a writer, one thing I learn while struggling with a difficult passage is: If it's not working out, change it. Good metaphor for our lives too, isn't it.

My primary goal each year is "Be grateful." And, I mean, for everything! We have so much and continue to have untapped potential and untapped resources. This year, in addition to "Be grateful," I am adding "Contemplate" and "Bring Joy."

I like to keep 'em simple. Happy New Year to all Boomer Women.

Helen Gallagher,releaseyourwriting.com

#135458 - 12/21/07 06:24 PM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profes [Re: HelenGallagher]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
I want to revise a resolution I had a few years ago. What I did was take any situation and really tried to take responsibility for them. In other words, instead of just blaming anyone, look at where I may have contributed on the negative side. Then fix it! Believe it or not, that year, I felt more in control and free than I ever could remember in my past. Unfortunately, in time, I became too laxed. So I want to learn this again. Plus, I want to add, how to keep on task and not allow others close to me or other situations to side track me. Example, my daughter's situation. I let myself go for several months because I allowed myself to feed into my sorrows. I don't want to do that again. I want to learn to stop allowing myself to be side-tracked. Any suggested resources?

Great topic!

Love and Cheers,
Cathi

#135459 - 12/21/07 07:41 PM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profes [Re: Wisdom&Life]
ladyjane Offline

Cathi, congrats on such a great effort! Oh how great the world could be if we took responsibility for our actions and attitudes. It's not a bad thing...we can learn so much by taking the time to see where we may have been wrong and it helps us to view others differently...they're human, too. That sounds like a good goal to look toward. But it really is more difficult than it sounds as emotional beings. Be kind, forgive yourself and move forward. Thanks!

#135460 - 12/21/07 10:46 PM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profes [Re: ladyjane]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I'm putting some deep thoughts into my goals. I'm going to better define them for myself this year. They aren't going to be open ended ones, such as loose weight. I could stand to loose 25-30 pounds, but simply saying I'm going to loose that much isn't enough. I'm going to set up a plan.

1. I am going to get a complete and thorough physical, something I have been putting off for years.
2. I am going to find a space "just for me" in this small house of ours, and try to create a scheduled routine. Most times I do things when I find a moment, or react on a whim. I'm going to try and change this and actually designate an uninterrupted time in a designated place for reading, prayer, visiting BWS, etc.
3. I am going to seek financial advisement. After being part of my mom's and dad's situation, as well as an aunt's, this year, I am going to find a way to make it better for my children. I have been one to live on faith that all will take care of itself - a philosophy I learned from my mom. I now realize it isn't that simple and I don't want my children to worry as I've had to.
4. I will either take singing lessons, swing dance lessons, painting lessons or Yoga. I haven't chosen one over the other yet, but if finances allow, I will do at least one for myself this coming year.
5. I am going to try and divorce my TV. I have always had to have it on as background noise - mostly because I am alone when my hubby is traveling. I need to learn to quite my nerves without the aid of such a negative force.
6. I am going to inventory and organize my library of over 2500 books. This will probably take all year, because I am finally going to part with some of them. This will take a great deal of prayer on my part. My books are my most valued possessions, with the exceptions of a few other smaller items.

I'll quit at these six, even though I have many more. I will probably revamp them, adding and taking away as I put more thought into the new year.

#135461 - 12/22/07 10:10 AM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profes [Re: gims]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
2008 is a bit hard for me to set goals because taking care of our grandchild has become pretty much the center of our life.

I hope to find a morning nursery care for Anaiya so that I can get back to my work, especially because I got two big exclusive contracts, and have no idea really how I’m going to accomplish this.

I have to lessen my internet surfing, and focus on things that touch my life a lot closer. This site has helped me over a hard and lonely time in my life. I think I have mastered that hurdle with all your help, and now I must move on. That doesn’t mean I won’t come to visit once in a while, but it won’t be as often.

I just want to take this opportunity to wish Dotsie and all my dear friends here a happy New Year. Many of you have a special place in my heart, and I feel truly blessed by your friendships.

Hope you all reach your goals in 2008. And keeping up my tradition; I’ll end this with a quote: (Author is Anonymous)
Quote:

Let your thinking and doing be equal, for only then will you be said to be a powerful soul who has will-power.

I love you all
Hannelore

#135462 - 12/22/07 12:24 PM Re: Goals for 2008: Personal, Spiritual and Profes [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Oh hannelore....first off, I understand. There's a few of us that needs to get down to business. But I couldn't help feeling sad. Here's sending cyber hugs across the pond to you!!! Please DO stop in and give us a report from time to time....we'll be waiting. And may God bless your home, marriage and work in a spectacular way! You'll be horribly missed. Merry Christmas, friend and Happy, happy 2008! May all your dreams come true!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved