The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 227 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#126334 - 08/24/07 03:30 PM Health insurance
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I would love some quick feedback for an interview I'm doing about helath insurance.

What do you think could be done to fix the issue of people at midlife without health insurance?

Any ideas for the upcoming election regarding this topic?

Thanks so much.

#126336 - 08/25/07 02:56 AM Re: Health insurance [Re: ]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dotsie, I saw a news profile for MAs health insurance for everyone plan. Apparently this is the only state with "universal" health insurance yet it is not truly in place. My husband and I don't have health insurance in mid-life. I know lots of women who go back to work to fill the gap until they are able to claim Medicare. I have several friends from Canada who maintain their citizenship in Canada for health reasons...

#126337 - 08/25/07 12:28 PM Re: Health insurance [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks ladies. I appreciate the quick responses.

#126338 - 08/25/07 04:58 PM Re: Health insurance
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I lived in Europe for 20 years...I know how most people here feel about social medicine, but I saw it working everyday and I would vote for that. We pay way too much in this country for everything medical. Just my ever so humble opinion.

#126339 - 08/25/07 05:26 PM Re: Health insurance [Re: Dee]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I agree, Dee. Socialized medicine, done right, is the way to go. We are failing our citizens miserable right now. No one should have to go broke (or worse) to receive medical attention.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#126341 - 08/26/07 02:13 AM Re: Health insurance [Re: ]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Dotsie,

Here in NM. we now have available State Coverage Insurance (SCI) It is for folks such as DH and myself..finally! Here is a link...

http://www.lovelacehealthplan.com/SCI/index.php

There are a few plans, but Lovelace was recommended to us. This is for the "working poor". Apparently it is in the infantile stages, but I'm going to apply and see what happens. I believe it's up to age 64 and for adults only.

What a relief if it works!!

#126342 - 08/27/07 09:12 AM Re: Health insurance [Re: Di]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Dotsie: Here is a link to the National Health Service in the UK which might help as a matter of comparables:

http://www.nhs.uk/aboutnhs/howthenhsworks/Pages/HowtheNHSworks.aspx

#126343 - 08/27/07 09:31 AM Re: Health insurance [Re: Lola]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I think the question to raise at the upcoming election on this topic is: "If they can do it, why can't we?"

#126344 - 08/27/07 07:30 PM Re: Health insurance [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Is everyone else as surprised as I am what Arnold Schwarzenegger is trying to do in California? He wants to extend health insurance to all Californians. I guess the European socialized medicine has been a good influence. Hope he carries it through, and then maybe all other States will follow.

#126345 - 09/01/07 12:11 AM Re: Health insurance [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Poor Governor Arnold better do something because nine, count them, nine hospitals have gone bankrupt because of the onslought of illegals needing FREE care. Once again we natural born citizens suffer the consequences.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved