The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#100826 - 12/30/06 04:25 AM Hussein executed......
whittlewoman Offline

Loc: upstate New York
If the news is accurate, the death penalty has been carried out. I have such mixed feelings about this news. I am against the death penalty and given the lies and distortions about why the US invaded Iraq, it is questionable to me what the real purpose was of executing Saddam Hussein. Call me a cynic but I do not believe the trial and the consequence of his death served justice but a more murky pursuit of greed for power and money by a number of individuals....

#100827 - 12/30/06 06:10 AM Re: Hussein executed...... [Re: whittlewoman]
Bathbuddys Offline

Loc: Midwest
Hi,
YA know what I heard today? I am also not so sure about the death penalty by other than the way they used to do it.
They used to take murderers to the families and let them do what need be. Eye for an eye? I can accept this more than the way they do it these days.
BUT! my point is that I thought we went in there for the WMD's as we were told, then for the oil? Today I heard for the first time that Bush Jr. had a vendetta (sp?) as in 1985, Sadam tried to assasinate Bush Senior went he went over there and this was his motive I guess? He was going after Sadam for what he did to his dad and now I am Pissed! off as this is what this is all about?
I wonder if anyone caught this today before this execution.
Well, maybe now that he is gone, maybe we can bring our kids home? Oh what a mess this is huh?

Nancy

#100828 - 12/30/06 10:20 AM Re: Hussein executed...... [Re: Bathbuddys]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
BBC has been showing footage clips of the macabre walk to the gallows of Saddam. Not the hanging. Just the preparation for the noose. I wish they had'nt. My sister and I switched to other channels because the footage was sprung on viewers without warning. Journalists report that Saddam was remorseless to the end. But, how do they know what was in his heart at the final moment? There must be a better way for journalists to cover this kind of event.

#100829 - 12/30/06 10:52 AM Re: Hussein executed...... [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I think the death penalty is sometimes too good for some murderers. Don't they suffer more remaining behind bars for the rest of their lives? Between the two, I'd pick the death penalty ...and I bet they do too...so don't we actually do them a favour?

#100830 - 12/30/06 04:33 PM Re: Hussein executed...... [Re: Edelweiss]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
No matter the reasons behind how Saddam was captured, he was responsible for thousands of tortures and deaths of innocent people, including women and children. He deserves every bit of the rope that goes around his neck.

My 2 cents....
Kathy

#100831 - 12/30/06 06:46 PM Re: Hussein executed...... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
This is all news to me .........missed the TV news. Who murdered him and will their be any repercussions from this that anyone can tell of at this stage........

celtic_flame

#100832 - 12/30/06 06:59 PM Re: Hussein executed...... [Re: celtic_flame]
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
I have very mixed feelings about his execution. I agree 100% that he should be punished for the in-human and horrendous things he did. He is a horrible person and I can't imagine how anyone could do what he did... that being said, I believe it is not right for any human being to take another life. I firmly believe that only God can take life away. I cringed when I heard that he would be hanged and as the news stories told more about it, I found myself thinking that this way to end his life seemed far worse than the gas chamber etc. Ohhh.. it just makes me hurt inside.

I'm sure there was concern for safety etc. if he was sentenced to life in prison. But I just have a problem with saying it's wrong to kill and then punishing killers by killing them.

#100833 - 12/30/06 07:11 PM Re: Hussein executed...... [Re: 49erDonna]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
I'm sure there was concern for safety etc. if he was sentenced to life in prison. But I just have a problem with saying it's wrong to kill and then punishing killers by killing them. 49erDonner quote

There no death penalty in uk and hasen't been for a long time.......I also find it hard to reconcile the point 49 er made. For spiritual reasons aswell as social ones, it's just too much a contradiction for me to reconcile.......

I know the extent of his tole of murders compared to his one life but i still have trouble with it.

It's comperting in a sence to know that it's not just my responce becouse i aint used to death penality as a reality in this country

celtic_flame

#100834 - 12/30/06 07:15 PM Re: Hussein executed...... [Re: celtic_flame]
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
I wish that the rest of the world would follow the UK and do away with the death penalty.

#100835 - 12/30/06 08:10 PM Re: Hussein executed...... [Re: 49erDonna]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I agree with Kathy. But, I am worried about repercussions. There are crazy people out there.

As for the death penalty, I'm not really against it and certainly not in his case, but I listened to F. Lee Bailey a few years ago give his thoughts on it and I found it quite different hearing the opinion of a high powered attorney. Couldn't help wondering if he was against it because it was bad for business or what, but he brought up some interesting points. He lives a few blocks from us. I still can't figure out why he bought a house here. He owns one of the mansions along the beach, but he could afford to live anywhere. He's an interesting speaker. People asked him lots of questions about the Boston Strangler, but no one asked about OJ.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved