The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 137 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#87986 - 09/10/06 01:46 AM Five Year Anniversary - September 11th
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
Are you (or your town/city) doing anything to commemorate the anniversary of September 11th.

My son and I want to make a banner reading "God Bless America and put it on top of our garage on Monday along with and American flag as our tribute to America and those who lost their lives.

Donna

#87987 - 09/10/06 01:34 PM Re: Five Year Anniversary - September 11th [Re: 49erDonna]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Our town doesn't have anything planned. But the day of the attack, we bought and hung a large flag from our deck and have continued to do so for the past five years.

#87988 - 09/10/06 05:27 PM Re: Five Year Anniversary - September 11th [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
I will continue to pray for peace.

#87989 - 09/10/06 06:55 PM Re: Five Year Anniversary - September 11th [Re: Casey]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I work with schools, and several of these schools are peace sights. While I have not been part of the plans, I am anxious to see what the staff and students have planned for this event.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#87990 - 09/10/06 10:25 PM Re: Five Year Anniversary - September 11th [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Our church leaves its doors open so anyone wanting to can come in and sit awhile and pray for the souls of those murdered on 9/11. Someone has to be there to make sure no one comes in to commit mischief so I'm one of those taking an afternoon shift. The people that came in years previously prayed and cried together for so many lives senselessly lost in such a horrible way. It is an entire day and evening of mourning...

Edited by chatty lady (09/10/06 10:28 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#87991 - 09/11/06 09:23 AM Re: Five Year Anniversary - September 11th [Re: chatty lady]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Two of my baby sisters are in London at the moment along with 6 other friends from the States. I was on the phone to my sister as 9/11 played on the rolling news here. As a New Yorker, I felt the deep pain and anguish for what happened on that day. I kept my sister on the phone until all overseas calls to the US were cut off and subsequently became impossible as other expatriates rushed to phone love ones in the US. We are from Manhattan and I have been home several times since 9/11 but I try not to look towards the direction of downtown. Five years on, it is still a painful threat. I am glad that my sisters are with me today and I am extremely grateful that I can hug them today and know that they are safe here with me. It was something distance had not allowed five years ago. Today we pray for those who perished, for the families who were left behind, for the rescuers who ran to the aid of others, for guidance, charity, justice and wisdom of good government. But foremost, we pray for hope and trust that all will be well again.

#87992 - 09/11/06 12:00 PM Re: Five Year Anniversary - September 11th [Re: Lola]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Lola, I didn't know you were a New Yorker! I lived about 70 miles north of the city, in Orange County. When I turned on Fox News that morning and saw the North Tower, the first thing I thought of was my hairdresser's husband, who worked at Windows on the World (the woman is also my SIL's cousin). I called her at work and thank God, her husband did not have to work that day. But of course, he lost many friends and colleauges.
I am watching the footage of the second plane hitting and I still cry when I see it.

I still find it so hard to believe that this happened...
(((HUGS))) to you all.

Edited by Bluebird (09/11/06 12:06 PM)

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#87993 - 09/11/06 03:06 PM Re: Five Year Anniversary - September 11th [Re: Bluebird]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
I'm originally from NJ and spent a few years in Manhattan (42 & 9th). I had been to the World Trade and, in fact, when I was commuting from PA to Wall Street (don't ask!), I used to come in on the PATH trains that were there. It is hard to look where they used to be. There's almost a shadow in my mind of them when I look at the space.

A friend lost a daughter in the tragedy. Another friend walked down 60 flights to escape and a third friend was working at Cantor-Fitzgerald, but stopped to pick up a prescription and wasn't there. (C-F was on the top floors and no one got out alive.)

It is sad and I pray it never happens again. I pray for all of those who mourn and I pray for healing for us all. I wish the media would let the wound heal.

#87994 - 09/11/06 03:43 PM Re: Five Year Anniversary - September 11th [Re: Casey]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I share so many of your thoughts. I am sad that our church is doing nothing for the 5th anniversary.

I am most grateful for all the people our government has arrested with the hopes of sparing us from this type of terrorist attack again. We must give thanks.

I read an article in the paper this morning about the arrest of a Baltimore County young man who attended a high school about 20 minutes from our home. He became involved in a local Islamic group and returned to his home town of Pakistan in 2002. He was drafted by relatives for an al-Qaida operation because he spoke fluent English, knew the Baltimore/Washington area and had passed a test stating he was willing to commit suicide for his cause. This is very scary! Of course, the kids who went to sschool with him were shocked!

God Bless America

#87995 - 09/11/06 03:52 PM Re: Five Year Anniversary - September 11th
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I lived on Long Island back then and also feel a deep sense of loss for what happened on that day and in the weeks and months that followed as the ashes burned and the clean up began. My son will be studying it in school this year as a part of his history lesson. I can't believe it because it still seems like only yesterday that the military planes buzzed over our heads daily. It was a very frightening time to live in NY. We couldn't even go out on our boat because they scrambled all the GPS devices.
I will be lighting a candle tonight, as I have done every year on this anniversary.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved