The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#57236 - 06/25/06 11:48 AM Boomer-ing from London
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Good morning, one and all! The drawback is that all of you would still be in bed when I log in from the other side of the pond. I guess, my contribution to the current events digest would be from a London perspective. News of the day are predominantly on:

1. the 7/7 London bombing and how it could have been prevented by the police because the activity of the bombers had been made known to them. There is a lot of finger pointing on this one and IMO it overlaps many issues. It gives me a headache to read and listen to the news about terrorism as, once again IMO, many of the criticisms against the Police (main issue which lurk are human rights issue vis-a-vis security) might restrict them from doing a good job fighting terrorism.

2. the World Cup. England stands still for the match tonight against Ecuador and a looot of speculation going on. Football is serious stuff here. Rogue English football fans have rioted in Germany last night bringing shame to us all once again.

3. HRH Queen Elizabeth II is hosting a children's garden party for 2000 in Buckingham.

So, that's London calling for the Boomer pack.

To all, have a good day!

#57237 - 06/25/06 01:20 PM Re: Boomer-ing from London
Val Offline

Loc: Pa.
Good morning London, Not sleeping here...... welcome..............

#57238 - 06/25/06 03:03 PM Re: Boomer-ing from London
Lola Offline

Hi, Val: Early riser? It's nearly mid-day here. Weather's been grey since I got up. Really should not moan but ought to be be thankful it's not raining. Hope your start to the day is much sunnier.

#57239 - 06/25/06 04:20 PM Re: Boomer-ing from London
Val Offline

Hi Lola, I must confess I went back to bed. We've been having unually "London like" weather this summer. Its a bit overcast so far today also. Alot of rain so far this year where I am and unfortunatley severe drought & fires in other areas of the country. Our weather patterns are all off these days. So how is London? I've never been there but would love to see it someday. I've only been to Spain over-seas so far but plan to run away from home sometime in the future and see Europe:)Can boomer aged women run away from home:) I wonder..... Looking forward to getting to know you better.
Val

#57240 - 06/25/06 05:42 PM Re: Boomer-ing from London
Lola Offline

Hi, Val: Come, come to London! Then you can update me with all news stateside. Have not been home (NY) for a long time. 16 years!!! I could only afford weekend visits because work has a way of scuppering good time and frolic. May-Sept is the best time. Of course, boomers can pack up when all come dusted and done and London is a good place to be 17 again! Mick Jagger and the gang keep me young. Yep. Weather was big news UK-wise last month as it was the wettest May in decades. Spring sprung late. Blooms did not know whether to come or go. Birds were on the dot despite of. Thankfully. They have imposed a hose pipe ban despite all the rain last month. Reservoirs are 65% full but ironically, water companies can afford to overlook leakages and bust pipes. Won't throw stones their way, however. Chaps can only do their best with an old system. Lucky you to be able to go back for a lie in!
Lola

#57241 - 06/25/06 06:02 PM Re: Boomer-ing from London
Val Offline

You're originally from US? My daughter lives in Manhatten (NY) now. I would love to come to London someday and if I do I will most certainly look you up. Well off to church now.....I look for you later:)

#57242 - 06/25/06 11:53 PM Re: Boomer-ing from London
Lola Offline

Your daughter would be in my neck of the woods then. Mid-town Manhattan. Hubby is British and grandchildren mimic my accent which has now become mid-transantlantic, if there is such a thing. Hope many attended your Church service today. I am a reader for the P.M. Mass but since surgery last month have been attending the mid-day service which seemed to have more souls in the pews today. Not as packed as one would have liked but all the same, it gives our Guardian Angels space to sit in-between. Sun decided to come out in the end. Hurrah! England won and will now go to the quarterfinals at the World Cup. Hurrah again! Party at Buckingham Palace seems to have gone well for the tots. All in all, it is a God-kissed Sunday.

#57243 - 06/26/06 01:44 AM Re: Boomer-ing from London
Val Offline

It rained off and on all day here. It is very green and the flowers are loving it but I must confess I do not do very well in rainy weather. Get achey all over and very tired. But the flowers are beautiful. Yes the World Cup is a big thing over there as I remember years ago when I was in Spain and they were playing and lost it was not a pretty site. The host of the house was shall we say very upset:)

#57244 - 06/26/06 11:23 PM Re: Boomer-ing from London
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I would give just about anything for some of that rain. Its been over 100 degrees here in Nevada now for a couple of weeks with no relief in sight....

#57245 - 06/27/06 12:41 AM Re: Boomer-ing from London
Val Offline

I know and I think of you all out there. I have family in AZ. and the fires are terrible. We are going to have to build an ark here soon. It is bad......flooding etc.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved