The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 113 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#53835 - 06/17/06 08:45 PM It ALL makes me wonder ...
FitlySpoken Offline

Loc: US
According to the world today, with all the vast intelligence, the vast technologies, the vast knowledge, the vast communications ... you would actually think this world ought to be a 'better' place to live in.

With all the preachers, teachers, seminars, universities, programs ... all so accessible to everyone ... you would actually think this world would be a 'better' place to live in.

It seems to me at times in my ponderings and soulful wanderings, that the 'human' animal is still just as unequipped as when he/she first began.

I know, I know ... there are many wonderful gracious loving and
caring people out there - doing everything they possibly can to
uplift the human spirit & live on with some decency to be a plus sign in today's world. But, and that is a big hesitation there ... how come it doesn't really make a dent in the whole scenario of world events?

Or is it that we all come from a very limited perspective and cannot see the 'big picture' ... till it is over? A lot of questions and I know it covers more than can be solved. But I was just wondering.

A fellow traveller along the way.
Catherine

#53836 - 06/17/06 09:21 PM Re: It ALL makes me wonder ...
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Catherine, I agree with what you're saying and if the peace and stability of the world depended on all the loving souls who are trying t make it better, then we should be on the right track.
But I believe that the universe was created by God, and humans are here to love and serve Him. We are to walk in His Truth and obey His commands for our physical and spiritual well being. But most of fall short of that and until He restores it all to its original perfection, thenwe will struggle, suffer and hurt.

#53837 - 06/17/06 09:53 PM Re: It ALL makes me wonder ...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Don't forget Catherine, for all the good that exist today, there is the Devil himself working overtime to destroy.

It's up to each of us, as individuals and children of God, to use each day the way it was intended, showing love and kindness to all we see, and practicing the Golden Rule.

IF that happened, well ... as Louis (Louey) Armstrong sang, we could truly say ... What a Wonderful World!

JJ

#53838 - 06/18/06 04:22 AM Re: It ALL makes me wonder ...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Let me ask this, what if there weren't a lot of wonderful, gracious, loving, and caring poeple out in the world. Imagine what it might be like then! I believe these people all do make a difference in their own small ways but the evil they, and we are exposed to constantly is mind boggling to say the least. Prayer and example are all we have, so I suggest we use them to there fullest advantage and maybe we will be able to bring some sanity to this insane world. God I hope so...

[ June 17, 2006, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#53839 - 06/18/06 04:26 AM Re: It ALL makes me wonder ...
Bluebird Offline

That is very true, chatty, things could be worse if it weren't for all the good people.

#53840 - 06/20/06 01:08 AM Re: It ALL makes me wonder ...
FitlySpoken Offline

I do agree totally with your added comments.

But, then it means that there are really very few ... who are hanging on to what God has provided and doing it each day. Or is it just the 'others' in darkness have more power and control than we.

I totally depend on God's keeping power. By faith mountains have moved. But, my oh my. This world does not look good on a grand scale of what is happening right now.

I am up to the challenge of 'keepin on' according to the faith that has been supplied. Truthfully, don't see too many around me doing even that. I don't stand there and judge ... but observe. The words we write, the words we speak ... we ARE accountable for 100%.

I wish I could see a 'handful' of fellow workers in my own little area doing the same thing. I don't hear about God at work ... except for a slang word or a curse word. I don't see people gather around together for a quick prayer ... or a comfort talk with a fellow employee. I do get around as a mgr. in retail and believe me - it is just not there. Have even tried in my own way to start conversations and prayer times ... always come out next to nothing. I can count them on my one hand if a 'connection' has been made.

Am I the daffy one? Are you gals seeing the 'faith' support and life style in your areas? Maybe this is just the 'Lone Ranger' point of view.

Catherine

#53841 - 06/20/06 01:42 AM Re: It ALL makes me wonder ...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Catherine, what I believe is, I'm accountable and responsible for my own little space on earth. What I do with it can affect others. So, regardless of how they react or don't react, I've done my part in trying to love and heal the universe with my actions. I might not see a positive response but still, I may never know if I have somehow, left a good impression that might make that person stop and think differently.

I know it can get depressing in this day and age but we do the best we can with what we have.

#53842 - 06/20/06 07:07 AM Re: It ALL makes me wonder ...
Suzan Offline

Loc: Alabama
Catherine,

I do see God in the people I am with, my children mostly. My 19 y.o. daughter is struggling with issues that are normal but her faith is a constant, she always wants to do what God wants her to do. My son, 15, just returned home from a mission trip with our church youth group - they went to Gulfport, MS to help rebuild houses that were destroyed in the hurricanes. It had a profound effect on him...seeing what the fury of a storm like that can do, but also seeing the gratitude of the family whose house they were restoring...My sisters and I are constantly calling each other and lifting each other up - I am a member of a bunco group that plays every month - we pray together. I do often question how some things can happen in the world we live in and I do agree that many of us, including me, often drive on with our blinders on - it's just human nature to ignore that which we do not wish to be a part of. Often times I find myself questioning whether I should involve myself or not in someone else's life - it's hard to do. But I have also seen the effects of what happens if you don't let people know that you care, so we have to be there for one another - I often find myself questioning what I could have done to stop my brother in law from killing his wife and himself, what drove him to do such a horrific thing and leave his son - I have accepted now that there are many questions that I will never know the answer to. We have to be able to see the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow-by faith. My main thought is "Don't give up on the world - God isn't finished with it yet."
Susan

#53843 - 06/20/06 08:12 AM Re: It ALL makes me wonder ...
FitlySpoken Offline

Suzan you are respectfully right in your own space & time, just as Blue Bird, Chatty Lady, & JawJaw (including myself) too. I will never give up or give in as long as I am here in this so called 'body'.

My spirit longs to be 'free' from the oppressions of this world and its effects. I have truthfully dedicated my writing talents and everything I do & on the internet to 'being' accountable for the truth that I know at the moment and to express it to the best of my capability in simplicity & genuine care. Sounds like a big demand, but it is really simple ... because it is me.

I too see many things of God as I go thru the day. Yes, my children, hubby and a close friend or two. It is heart warming ...
But, I guess I'm actually amazed at this time in my life now going on sixty ... and wondering why about a lot of senseless things that go on. Maybe God has lifted the proverbial blinders from my eyes for a season. The old saying ... 'ignorance is bliss' ... I know it is not; but my oh my I need my blinders put back on!

Thanks for being there, all of you. It is a heart warming support and I have throughly enjoyed reading the posts here as well as in some of the other topic areas. From faith to faith ...

Catherine

#53844 - 06/20/06 09:22 PM Re: It ALL makes me wonder ...
Bluebird Offline

Dianne is on target with the idea of each of us doing what is right in our little space of the world. We are responsible for our own actions and others do what they do.
God always has a little remnant of those faithful to Him. He may have us scattered all over just so there is at least a little light in each place. I'm with you, Catherine, in wanting to find more like myself and connect with each one. In the Catholic store that I work in, I do find at least one each day and we may not even become friends. But for that few minutes that we connect on a soul level in our love and reverence for the sacred, it IS a little respite of heaven on earth. It keeps me going...

[ June 20, 2006, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Bluebird ]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved