The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#57194 - 01/18/05 05:32 AM Inauguration
WizardofZA Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
I am excited because I leave tomorrow for Washington DC to attend President Bush's inauguration! My daughter is the press secretary to a congressman, who was able to get us some tickets. I figured this was an opportunity I may never have again, so I decided to make the trip. After the ceremony, a corporate sponsor has invited the Congressman and his guests (which includes me!) to view the parade from a rented suite. How cool is that? I'll report back when I return on Saturday. Should be fun!

#57195 - 01/18/05 05:52 AM Re: Inauguration
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Gee wiz, how exciting. I was invited to Reagan's innaugural by my ex-husband, but I hated him at that point so I didn't go. Invited to Bush Sr.'s by a married Senator who I couldn't stand so I didn't go.
Abandonned politics entirely after that.
Should have gone both times and ditched the guys.
Relying on you for a full report. Hope you have a wonderful time.
smile

#57196 - 01/18/05 06:02 AM Re: Inauguration
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
If you get the chance to shake the hand of Laura Bush do it. I bet shes as gracious and beautiful in person as she is in the media. What a wonderful adventure you should have....You're right Smile you should have gone just the same and dumped those losers afterwards.

#57197 - 01/18/05 06:04 AM Re: Inauguration
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Have a wonderful time Wiz and be sure and fill us in upon your return. How lucky!

JJ

#57198 - 01/18/05 11:10 AM Re: Inauguration
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
Well, I hope you have fun at the party. I think everyone should be invited since we're paying so much for it.

Sorry to rain on the parade.

It irks me that the inauguration is estimated to cost 7 Million dollars.
That sounds more like a coronation to me.

Why do our democratically elected leaders think they should be allowed to do this with our tax money?

#57199 - 01/18/05 12:54 PM Re: Inauguration
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
DJ, because they can. Because we continue to elect these jerks into office, no matter how much of our money they squander.

But then, you already knew how highly I regard politicians! [Mad] [Mad]

#57200 - 01/19/05 08:41 AM Re: Inauguration
WizardofZA Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Sorry, it was not my intent to start a debate on Inaugural costs, but I must jump in here and at least clear up the incorrect perception that this is all being paid for by taxpayer dollars. While the government does pay for the ceremony and security and such, the parties, balls, parade, etc. are funded entirely by donations. While there might be an argument that those donation dollars could be better spent elsewhere, I believe the people making the donations have the right to spend their money how they wish. I also believe that the Inauguration of the President of the United States is an event to be celebrated. Whether you agree with him or not, like him or not, a Presidential Inauguration is the celebration of our democracy. I think that's a worthwhile thing to be proud of and have a party for. Now, I'll get off my soapbox and get ready to get on that plane!

#57201 - 01/18/05 09:04 PM Re: Inauguration
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Wiz, I just hope you have fun. And wave at us when the cameras pass by.

We'll be waving at you.
smile

#57202 - 01/21/05 02:09 AM Re: Inauguration
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Its official whether some like it or not.

George W. Bush was Inaugrated as President today!

I wish him well and pray that he is wise and does the right things to protect our country in this terrible time of war..

#57203 - 01/26/05 11:33 PM Re: Inauguration
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
How was the inauguration? I can't wait to hear.

I also agree with your last statement Wiz, respect and diplomacy is a wonderful thing.

Okay Wiz, spill the beans!

Cheers,
Cathi

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved