The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 203 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#57208 - 01/14/05 03:14 AM odd weather
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What the heck is going on with all this odd weather across the country? It has been misty, foggy, raining, and all the other grey stuff that goes with weather for way too long. Today it's 60 some degress in Maryland and more grey.
I can't wiat for the sun to shine for more than two minutes. My eyes need toothpicks to hold them open. [Eek!]

#57209 - 01/14/05 04:41 AM Re: odd weather
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
The weather has been weird EVERYWHERE like you said Dotsie - now you aren't that far from me and here in Warrenton today we had 75 degrees and sun - then sky got almost black but it never rained - then sun again! Tomorrow it's going to be a high in the 40s! Mudslides in California, tsunamis in Thailand/Sri Lanka, no snow in Europe when they are usually knee-deep in ski slopes.... makes you wonder doesn't it..... [Confused]

#57210 - 01/14/05 05:07 AM Re: odd weather
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
It didn't rain yesterday ... FINALLY! Or today. And it hit 60's. The bad mudslides -- the ones you keep seeing on TV -- are 70 miles away, but we're all under flood watch if it rains again.

#57211 - 01/14/05 05:22 AM Re: odd weather
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Anyone out ther from the midwest? Kansas? What is happening with all the snowfall?

How about Utah? Wasn't your state blenketed a few days ago?

Lynn

I am not complainging about the mild weather here in southern PA.

#57212 - 01/14/05 10:58 AM Re: odd weather
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Have you all taken a look at our weather here in the midwest the last couple of days. 4 days ago we got a foot of snow dumped on us within hours. The next nothing but it was dark grey out, then rain on top of all that snow and high temps that melted most of it yesterday, 40 degrees or better! As we chat, the temp is droppin and supposed to drop to about 20 below 0! God only knows what the wind chill will be for that type of weather. Now, all that melted snow will leave our entires state like an ice skating rink! I'm going to beg my daughter to stay home tomorrow. There will be absolutely tooooo many accidents out there come morning rush hour.

Did anyone see the movie, "Day After Tomorrow?" I heard that the writers present precipitation as a sign of the end of our world according to Revelations. I think I'll check it out now, not that I or anyone can anything about it if it's true, right?

#57213 - 01/14/05 06:18 PM Re: odd weather
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
We've been unusually warm here for the last 2 weeks, (I'm not complaining) But the cold is coming this weekend and we're supposed to drop down into the 40's. We moved here last year about this time and it was cold then. I'm told that in North Carolina, you never know what type of weather to expect in the winter.

#57214 - 01/15/05 08:13 AM Re: odd weather
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Lynn, while our friends were skiing in Utah shortly after Christams they got 50 inches of snow in five days! [Eek!]

Meredith, I wondered how close you were to those mudslides. No rain dances!

#57215 - 01/14/05 09:18 PM Re: odd weather
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
Sugaree,
Do you believe in a literal explanation of Revelations, or would you consider a symbolic meaning?

I've heard that there are those who approve of global warming because they believe it'll hasten the destruction of the planet ("the end of the world") and that that would allow Christ to return.

Didn't Jesus speak in parables partly because we don't have vocabulary for the things He was trying to explain?

#57216 - 01/15/05 01:16 AM Re: odd weather
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Imagine the poor people that saved all year for their vacation and left the bad weather in the East and Midwest only to land in Vegas where its rained for 3 weeks now, half the city is impassible by car and some of the smaller towns are gone, washed away lock stock and barrel, people are homeless and its been cold until yesterday when the sun came out a short while and it got up to 56*, today its 59* and the sun comes out every now and then. We are having one avalanche after another 40 miles up the mountain and no one is allowed up there to ski. What an awful mess this is..... [Frown]

#57217 - 01/16/05 12:48 AM Re: odd weather
Dotsie Offline
Founder

DJ, I could consider it better if I understood both better. Could you elucidate?

Chatty, yes that is terrible! I know so many people that have visited your hometown recently. Actually, my sister just left there about 2wks ago. My aunt and uncle and their grown children all went over from New Jersey as a family vacation up in the mountains there. My mother tried to drive from Cali to visit with them but the roads were closed down. She finally just flew over though.

Well, we've made it down to the negative numbers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved