The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 167 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#52739 - 07/23/03 01:39 AM Uday and Qusay dead--war almost over?
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
Now that Uday and Qusay are gone, do you think the war on terrorism is about over, or is this just another small battle in a long, long war?

#52740 - 07/23/03 02:01 PM Re: Uday and Qusay dead--war almost over?
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
I think we are in for long, protracted ugly engagement like Vietnam. Notice that the headlines this morning screamed about the hussein brothers while the latest casualties among American troops was below the fold. Soldiers are being ambushed and killed daily and we need to continue to pray for their families, pray for the safety of our soldiers and pray that our government begins to act honorably and stops misleading all of us. What is this horror really all about?

#52741 - 07/27/03 01:39 AM Re: Uday and Qusay dead--war almost over?
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
I have had a lot of trouble within over this news about "the sons" --

As an american -- as a christian -- I am having a great deal of difficulty dealing with the fact that we showed pictures of the corpses -- had to prove their deaths -- celebrated the death of another human being

Oh -- I know the arguments -- devils these two -- murderers and sadists -- but haven't we lowered ourselves to their level by parading their death ????? I'm sure their wives and children and mothers and YES -- even their FATHER -- mourns them like I do my son

it's just been a little -- I don't know -- confusing about how I should feel about it [Frown]

#52742 - 07/28/03 07:03 AM Re: Uday and Qusay dead--war almost over?
oleladee Offline

Loc: Kansas
according to the Geneva convention we are not allowed to show pictures of them dead.
i am dismayed at our behaviour!
--oleladee [Eek!]

#52743 - 07/28/03 07:21 AM Re: Uday and Qusay dead--war almost over?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You know girls, the first thought that went thru my mind when I hear about the pictures was that even though these two men had grown into terrible, evil people, there was a time when they were a Mother's delight. A time when they were toddlers, and laughing at life's pleasures and babies. That was my first thought. And then my heart went out to the Mother. I just wasn't brave enough to post my thoughts since these men brought so much havoc and death to so many innocent people, and changed their lives forever. I too believe as Christains we should forgive, but then again, my children are safe and around me.

My thoughts then turned to the families who aren't so lucky, who have lost their love ones because of these terrorist. Can they forgive? I don't know the answer to that. But could I if it were me? Honestly, probably not. I can only pray that God will help me and the rest of the world to understand, should this happen to us, that HE is the judge and the jury...not me. Just another two cents worth...

#52744 - 07/27/03 09:19 PM Re: Uday and Qusay dead--war almost over?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I must admit that when I heard talk of the fact that if indeed their father was still alive, he was furious now!

I thought to myself:
Well if someone had just killed my two sons I'd be furious too...and I don't even consider myself to be an evil person. [Eek!]

#52745 - 08/01/03 12:21 AM Re: Uday and Qusay dead--war almost over?
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
I agree, no matter how evil our government tells us these people are, they are still people. Their pictures shuld not have been shown. It only makes us appear to be just like them. But for some reason, the media loves to turn us into blood thirsty indivoiduals, waiting for the next horendous shot to be aired. It's really disgusting.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved