The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 199 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#217771 - 09/01/12 10:56 PM Happy Labor Day Weekend (US)
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Happy Labor Day Weekend to those of you in the United States. I hope you are finding time to relax and enjoy being with fun people - whether family or friends.

Here in NW Illinois the temps are down, but it's cloudy. Wherever you are, I hope the weather's perfect for whatever you have planned.

We've no big plans for the weekend, but I'm hoping to get to the marina later this weekend -- even if all we do is sit on the deck and watch people and boats.

Take care!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#217772 - 09/01/12 11:02 PM Re: Happy Labor Day Weekend (US) [Re: Anne Holmes]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Too hot be be outside here, so I'm writing and editing. :-)
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#217773 - 09/02/12 03:12 AM Re: Happy Labor Day Weekend (US) [Re: yonuh]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Busy here! People are out and about....shopping and enjoying.

HOT here, too! Mid-to-upper 90s. But Autumn is coming!!

#217775 - 09/02/12 11:35 PM Re: Happy Labor Day Weekend (US) [Re: Di]
Boomer in Chief

Well it "hotted up" into the mid 90s here today, and the sun was out. We went out for lunch to one of our favorite restaurants, which overlooks a golf course, and the place was packed.

Then we went for a drive to the marina, and people watched. There were tones of folks there, too. The most fun group was a man and woman accompanied by two little girls in 2 piece swim suits and flip flops. Not sure if they were going to take out a pontoon boat or not, but they were unloading two kayaks. One was small, and the little girls proudly each carried an oar. The other one was more traditional sized. I could see if it was a "two man" boat or not.

Anyway, I heard the man explaining that he had a tether rope, which he would tie to the girl's boat, so that if they got too tired of paddling, he could tow them.

I heard the woman ask how he go into kayaking, and he said he started doing it with "meet up groups," then got more into it.

As a result of the commentary, I deduced that they man and woman were dating -- not married. Not sure whose the girls were, but I'm guessing the woman's.

We got too hot to stick around to see them launch, but it ought to have been a fun afternoon on the water for them all...

At the golf course, we also saw plenty of Dads with sons in tow -- one whose son appeared to be no more than 5. He would hold the flag for his Dad, while Dad putted.

Reminded us of all the fun Galena weekends we had when our kids were small. Back then, we had a second home in Galena, and only came up for the weekends...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#217776 - 09/02/12 11:40 PM Re: Happy Labor Day Weekend (US) [Re: Di]
Boomer in Chief

Di, your "autumn is coming" comment reminds me of the "Game of Thrones" books. There they always said, "Winter is coming."
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#217785 - 09/04/12 01:11 PM Re: Happy Labor Day Weekend (US) [Re: Anne Holmes]
Di Offline

Autumn has and will be my favorite Season. Of course in NM our Autumn is probably like a "summer" to most of you!

Mornings cool,afternoons hot, evenings cool.

And since we do outdoor retail, we LOVE this time of year!

#217786 - 09/04/12 01:39 PM Re: Happy Labor Day Weekend (US) [Re: Di]
Ellemm Offline

It sounds great, Di. I wish we could figure out the cool evening part! It is HOT here: we're going for 105 today, it was like this all weekend -- even hotter -- and it cools down to about 80 at night.

BUT, by the end of the week we should cool down to the 90's. I'll take what I can get....I would love a real fall: temps no higher than 65-70 and colder nights. A girl can dream.

#217798 - 09/05/12 12:56 AM Re: Happy Labor Day Weekend (US) [Re: Ellemm]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
At least we've been out of the 100s for a while here, but still not really cool. Here it is September, and we're still hitting high 90s almost every day.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#217801 - 09/05/12 02:18 AM Re: Happy Labor Day Weekend (US) [Re: yonuh]
Di Offline

I'm sweating and it's almost 8:30 pm. GEESH!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved