The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 211 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#214414 - 08/22/11 01:54 PM Gadhafi...?
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Anybody know where Gadhafi is hiding? Just kidding!!!

#214419 - 08/22/11 06:35 PM Re: Gadhafi...? [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
LOL Jabber!

That's exciting news we've been hearing from Tripoli! I was watching some video of the celebration in the streets, and I noted it appeared there were even some women in their black cloaks, waving flags and burkahs. We are seeing history be made! (And I sure hope Gadafi doesn't manage to slink out of town!)

Here's a link to reportage from the Washington Post

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214433 - 08/23/11 01:32 PM Re: Gadhafi...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Hi Anne!
I cannot seem to fine a consistent spelling of Moammar's last name; some spell it Gadhafi, others Gaddafi? Who knows. Yesterday they were reporting that Gaddafi's sons were captured; last night a couple of them showed up in public. The reporting is iffy at best! But I wish those who want peace, success!

#214437 - 08/23/11 03:31 PM Re: Gadhafi...? [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I agree there is inconsistency in the spelling. Must be due to translating it from Arabic, or something...

I was just watching some live coverage from Tripoli on NBC News, and I see that on-screen they are spelling it "Khaddafy," while the news reports I read in the paper spell it "Gadhafi."

They seem to agree on spelling Gadhafi's first name "Moammar," while his one son is "Seif al-Islam."

Edited by Anne Holmes (08/23/11 05:02 PM)
Edit Reason: more information
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214452 - 08/24/11 01:36 PM Re: Gadhafi...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Anne,
Net listings spell Moammar in different variations. Even in American, the same name can have a variety of spellings.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved