The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 113 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#194225 - 11/19/09 07:56 PM Bragging Rights!
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I just had to share...we just found out that our 8-year-old granddaughter received the highest marks (apparently one of the highest scores ever) for her Grade 3 piano examination in ALL OF ONTARIO (that's the province we live in here in Canada). She's ranked #1 for the entire province for 2009 and has been invited to a special medal presentation. We all knew she was exceptional...we suspected it when various musical bigwigs started showing up at her recitals just to hear her play, but this is beyond everyone's expectations!!

(Maya Angelou)

#194226 - 11/19/09 08:06 PM Re: Bragging Rights! [Re: Eagle Heart]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Helloooo Eagle. I am still trying to catch up on everyones news. Wow, That is wonderful. Please youtube something for us.

#194227 - 11/19/09 08:14 PM Re: Bragging Rights! [Re: chickadee]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Truly wonderful! That is one grand achievement for someone so young, Eagle.

#194229 - 11/19/09 08:42 PM Re: Bragging Rights! [Re: Lola]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
How wonderful!!! To be able to hone one's talents at such a young age is amazing and how fortunate is your granddaughter's life going to be because her talent has been recognized at such a young age. I hope your granddaughter continues to excel and this leads her to the most incredible life in music. I love your excitement Eagle...give your granddaughter a hug!!! And yes, please youtube something.

#194235 - 11/19/09 08:58 PM Re: Bragging Rights! [Re: Dee]
Eagle Heart Offline

I don't think her parents would allow me to youtube her yet...very protective and security-conscious.

(Maya Angelou)

#194237 - 11/19/09 09:09 PM Re: Bragging Rights! [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I would be bursting from such good news myself Eagle. Are either of her parents musical? And to imagine she's just eight years old, bless her heart.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#194240 - 11/19/09 09:27 PM Re: Bragging Rights! [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Neither of her parents are musical. Her Mom (who never touched a piano before her daughter started lessons) is learning along with her, and helps her in every way she can. I could go on about how amazing our granddaughter is. Two years ago (at the age of 6), I emailed her the first part of "Fur Elise" by Beethoven. She learned the entire piece by heart within two days!!

Last June, her piano teacher gave her a book of Mozart's music as a gift for working so hard. Over the summer, in her spare time, our GD learned most of the book on her own. She almost always gives us a little concert every Sunday afternoon when we go over to visit and you should see her little fingers fly across the keyboard. I've long thought she was gifted, but wasn't sure how much bias was figuring into my estimation of her talent...now we know!!

Edited by Eagle Heart (11/19/09 09:27 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

#194262 - 11/20/09 12:59 AM Re: Bragging Rights! [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What fun for all of you. I hope she sticks with it. Just wondering what prompted her to take piano lessons. IT's so beautiful when talented children are in families that can help them excel with their God-given gifts.

#194285 - 11/20/09 12:02 PM Re: Bragging Rights! [Re: Dotsie]
Eagle Heart Offline

From an early age she gravitated towards pianos...I have one in my living room and she loved to sit on my lap and play. So they bought a piano of their own, and it came with free lessons for a year, so that's how she started. When that year was up, the parents shopped around for a music teacher and the one they chose was the one who begged them to let her teach C. This teacher's husband is a music prof at the university here and had heard C. play at their house and told his wife that C had a rare gift.

(Maya Angelou)

#194316 - 11/20/09 11:02 PM Re: Bragging Rights! [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
We can all say we knew her when, someday!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved